What's new

RYKO SoftGloss won't move

DiamondWash

Reaction score
My Softgloss won't move I turn the key either in Reverse or Forward and I hear it contactor clicking like it should but it won't move and it was working just fine and suddenly dead could it be a relay?

DiamondWash

Reaction score
Now I am getting a Code 14 End Stop / Count Prox, Machine will arm when I get on the bay plate it just sits there and sprays foam bath then 10 secs later exit doors open and Code 14 comes on I checked the Proxes and they are working properly.

RykoPro

Technician/Manager
Reaction score
I think you are getting the end stop prox code because it is not moving off the prox target plate. I would first check "K-12" relay and make sure it is working. If K-12 is good, the next step is to start back traceing the high voltage.

DiamondWash

Reaction score
Well that was fun I traced the problem to the VFD module, it doesn't seem to be a shock to me being that it's been 6 years of a hard workload put on it.

DiamondWash

Reaction score
Well the Tech installed it but it still won't work, Rykopro have you installed the New VFD on any softgloss systems lately? I am thinking the wiring is different from the SoftGloss XS and the Softgloss XS 2.

bneckrock

Bill Neckrock
Reaction score
Well that was fun I traced the problem to the VFD module, it doesn't seem to be a shock to me being that it's been 6 years of a hard workload put on it.
Steve,
How did you determine it was the VFD? I would think a motor would be a more likely candidate. I had a motor that would not move at low speed (12-15MHz), but worked great at higher frequencies.

DiamondWash

Reaction score
Bill,
Found K-12 relay to be shot replaced the relay still nothing, contactor was clicking but no movement so for giggles I had a tech bring over a new model VFD apparently they have had 3 generations of VFD's since my system was sent out the door in 2002, so we hooked up the new VFD and turned the key to reverse and the machine starts to move but we keep getting a Code 37 High Voltage Problem and a Code 07 VF Drive Fault but the machine is moving like it should so to prevent any damage to the system I had him leave it alone until we figured out what is going on, he said I could wash vehicles but I was taking any chances on that and the last thing I need is a electrical fire. So I will keep you updated, he suppose to be back at 8 in the morning with a solution.

DiamondWash

Reaction score
Well the SoftGloss is back up and running all Thanks due to the Ryko Service Tech who bent over backwards to get my wash open again, He had to do a "Internal Reset" for the latest VFD module to work. While we are discussing the SoftGloss I heard that the cost of FoamBrite Brush Sections has gone up in price, they want $2000 for the 5 sections at the Bottom of each rear brush $4000 for both wow....

Last edited:

mac

Reaction score
There has to be somebody that sells aftermarket brushes for these. Maybe I should get back into that .

Gabriel

Reaction score
Do you think that replacing brushes should be considered in the cost of operating this automatic. I have always thought so!

RykoPro

Technician/Manager
Reaction score
Steve,
I heard you REALLY liked the new Ryko wall cleaner. I just got some in and have not tried it yet. How did you apply it to the walls? Did you use it full strength?
Thanks,
Mark

DiamondWash

Reaction score
Mark-
I did use it at full strength but I "had" 6 1/2 years of grime on the walls next time it will be diluted, I will post some pics of before and after. I had to reapply it 2-3 times with light scrubbing but when you see the pics you will understand why, it also cleans the Foambrite brushes and instead of calling it "Ryko Wall Cleaner" they should rename it to "Ryko Wall and Equipment Cleaner"

RykoPro

Technician/Manager
Reaction score
I had not thought of cleaning brushes with it. I will have try it out on some foambrite, it will be great if I can clean cloth too.
Thanks Steve for sharing your experience with this product!

northernlights

Reaction score
Ryko Soft Gloss K-12 relay

Thank you for this thread!!!
We were troubleshooting our Soft Gloss for a week and this thread, which mentioned teh K-12 relay, was the problem. We're fixed and running!

ajdingo

Reaction score
Diamonwash, Pls I need help. I have the same problem with my carwash, code 14. I Check K-12 it's still good Trace all high voltage line found to be good. Now i need to Know What's VFD mould,is it the rear bush?