What's new

Ryko Softgloss timing issues

Reaction score
So I was helping out my buddy the other day and he has an Ryko Softgloss attached to his oil/lube center. As I was messing with his chemicals and what not, I'm noticing on his "premium" package his Tri-foam is the first to come on, before anything else. Was just wondering if anyone else has had they're wash wired or programmed wrong like this before, and if anyone knows a little about changing that without having to call out a Ryko tech. Any help would be appreciated.
Thanks

Mr.Aap

Reaction score
So I was helping out my buddy the other day and he has an Ryko Softgloss attached to his oil/lube center. As I was messing with his chemicals and what not, I'm noticing on his "premium" package his Tri-foam is the first to come on, before anything else. Was just wondering if anyone else has had they're wash wired or programmed wrong like this before, and if anyone knows a little about changing that without having to call out a Ryko tech. Any help would be appreciated.
Thanks
Are you sure it was tri-foam and not a 3 color shampoo...?

Jimmy Buffett

Reaction score
That is the way my program works as well. I used to put on 3 colored soaps but now use 1 soap and 2 colored conditioners on the initial detergent pass.

BoomerSooner

Reaction score
Not many Soft Glosses have a "presoak". And even if you are putting on a presoak, it is usually just a lubricant. I have seen many friction washes setup where the tri-color foam comes out first. I generally don't like them setup like that but it can save a pass and cut down on wash time.

Etowah

Jimmy Buffett

Reaction score
I use tire and wheel spray, bug juice, high lubricity detergent plus a yellow and blue conditioner (I do this because 3 detergents made so much foam it was hard to get off), rinse, then Element Shield and sfr. We turn out a very nice clean car. I use Car Brite chemicals.

Reaction score
Thanks for the Input Buffet, helps much. Right now my buddy is going Scotch Plaid, but thinking of going with BlendCo for presoak and such

Jimmy Buffett

Reaction score
Detergent for the foam brite just needs to be very slick. Physics will do the rest. Also it can be very cheap. My basic detergent is less than $5/gal. in 55 gal. drums.

RykoPro

Technician/Manager
Reaction score
DO NOT use Presoak on a Ryko brush machine! Presoak is for touchless washes. Any chem salesman who tries to sell you presoak for a softgloss does not know what they are doing. Ryko makes both Tri foam soap AND tri foam wax. Tri foam soap is for brush machines and is the first pass of the wash. Trifoam wax is used on either the brush or touchless wash and is one of the last passes before wax or Rainshield and RO (if equipt with RO). Set properly with a GOOD Tri foam soap the Softgloss will use VERY LITTLE Tri Foam Detergent. 5 gallons will last thousands of washes! I could figure the exact number (it depends a little on water quality at the site). I have a lot of washes now that are running on a per car basis so I am beginning to compile a ton of information.

DiamondWash

Reaction score
Mark-

My latest Softgloss Program has the "Presoak" option so I got my handheld out and programmed it in the wash package just to see what it does and sure enough it applies chemical (uses the detergent pump) at a programable speed and then goes back to the front of the vehicle to dwell also a setting you can set then the trifoam came on front to back then the wash started, maybe I have a "X" program Ryko is testing I can send you the program #

RykoPro

Technician/Manager
Reaction score
Applying soap as a presoak is one thing, applying acid or alkaline is another. Sounds like foam bath.

DiamondWash

Reaction score
Well I know Mike at Ryko was working on the low Ph high or white foam which has acid in it I know because we we're the test site for it and it ate my solenoids up within a week of useing it so this must have been the program for it, but yeah I do agree no presoak should be used with the foambrite on the softgloss.

Reaction score
Well I know Mike at Ryko was working on the low Ph high or white foam which has acid in it I know because we we're the test site for it and it ate my solenoids up within a week of useing it so this must have been the program for it, but yeah I do agree no presoak should be used with the foambrite on the softgloss.

What would replace the Presoak?