What's new

Ryko skipping pass

Jimmy Buffett

Reaction score
My softgloss is occasionally skipping the "side blaster" pass at the beginning of the wash. I have never seen this before. It's been raining so damn much that I have not seen a pattern as to when it is dropping it but I've seen it more than once. How can it skip a pass and what can I do to fix it?
Thanks!

RykoPro

Technician/Manager
Reaction score
Does your machine have a WEI (Wash Equipment Interface)? Its a blue box with red lights in the main electrical panel on the machine. If you do not have a Ryko coinbox you will have a "Wash select" box instead. You could have an intermittent arming output relay failing (they are internal to either box). It could be as simple as a loose wire.

Jimmy Buffett

Reaction score
I have not heard of "WEI" but I do know the blue boxes. I'll look this afternoon. I am using a Hamilton Goldline. If it were a loose wire where should I look?
Thanks

Reaction score
The wash my buddy has offers two packages on his softgloss. It was hard for me to observe and I don't have a operators manual or any literature of that nature, SO my question is, what chemical applications are applied in respective order on each pass??

I am very unfamiliar with these washes, so I watched cars go through time and time again, and it was hard for me to tell what was getting applied on each pass.

Jimmy Buffett

Reaction score
Mine is:
Tire chemical and undercar spray on way in (top wash, not the cheap one).
Bug remover
Side blasters
Detergent (all washes) and trifoam (top 2)
Wash
Rinse
Drying agent/wax (middle 2 washes) or Element Shield (top wash)
sfr
dry