What's new

Ryko Signature Series Spot Free Problem

DiamondWash

Reaction score
Here's the problem when a customer presses the button for spot free in the bay nothing comes out when we go in the equipment room the motor is running water is going through the bypass of the regulator but is not going past the mini solenoids that have 1/4 inch polytubing going to the bay, so I have replaced the following: new 1hp Baldor motor, new procon pump, new mini solenoids, new regulator and still I am having this problem I have removed the poly tube hooked up to the solenoids and switched on the spot free and the water doesn't come through if I unscrew the regulator to almost all the way out the water barely starts coming through I'm confused it should be the other way around.

MEP001

Reaction score
To start with, what's the pressure running to the solenoids? Replace the gauge if you suspect it might be bad. If it's not sitting at zero with the system off, it's probably bad. Check the MOPD of the new solenoids; that number needs to be higher than the RO pressure.

DiamondWash

Reaction score
This is the Solenoid manifold that is giving me problems

We didn't replace the wiring to the Solenoid just the 3 blocks and the manifold itself so I don't know if I am getting 24v to the solenoids to allow it to open fully I'm currently chasing wires to see if we have a bad ground possible, first time this has had a problem in 8 years even Ryko doesn't know what to do.

MEP001

Reaction score
A solenoid won't partially open from weak voltage. I rather doubt your problem is with the solenoids. What happens if you unhook the line from the pump to the solenoids? Do you get strong flow? Did you confirm the gauge is good or replace it?

DiamondWash

Reaction score
Well I installed a new gauge and it's reading 500psi when I turn on the spot free system, Ryko called back today and said it has to be my procon pump and that too much water pressure on the Solenoids will cause them not to open and run all of the water to by-pass on the regulator and the old Procon pump model is obsolete so this new one was suppose to replace that model, does this sound like I'm on the right track to solving this? Also when I do take the hose off before the solenoids it does have a strong flow.

Etowah

MEP001

Reaction score
Check the MOPD of the solenoids, and use the regulator to reduce the pressure below that. If you can't, you may have to change the regulator to something that can adjust lower or that can bypass more flow. The MOPD is the highest pressure at which the solenoids can pull the plunger open, and 500 PSI is too much for a direct-acting solenoid like those.