What's new

Ryko Problem

SuperClean

Reaction score
Im having a problem i have a softgloss and it will not activate the wash all the time. It looks like the y3 (reset) is staying on so the y4(coin box activate) will not come on. Does anyone know what would make this stay on or how do i get it to go off. If we reset the machine a couple times it will go to coin box activate but yesterday it did not want to get off reset so we shut it down and my tec wont answer his phone untill monday. Thanks

soapy

Reaction score
Sounds like you have one of the ice cube relays sticking on. Check your relays and look for a small black spot indicating a burned contact on the ice cube relay. Since this relay is one that is used on every wash they tend to wear more than others. Replace it with a new one or if you do not have one swap it out with one of the ones rarely used until you can get one. Sometimes a ice cube relay in the auto cashier can also be the problem so check them too.

SuperClean

Reaction score
Sounds like you have one of the ice cube relays sticking on. Check your relays and look for a small black spot indicating a burned contact on the ice cube relay. Since this relay is one that is used on every wash they tend to wear more than others. Replace it with a new one or if you do not have one swap it out with one of the ones rarely used until you can get one. Sometimes a ice cube relay in the auto cashier can also be the problem so check them too.
Picked some up today but it is still staying on the reset (y3) My tec is not much use i called him friday and he calls back today and says he will be out wed so i guess i will wait.
Thanks for trying

dirty harry

Reaction score
I'm on the road with a Ryko tech, and I read him your post. He said to check the bay switch. Make sure input 24 or 25 is not staying on. 24 is the bay switch, and 25 is the backup air switch. Good luck!

soapy

Reaction score
On my OHDs I think that the K5 relay is the one that usually sticks. ON your PLC it is a good idea to mark which lights should be on when everything is working correctly. Then if you have a problem you can ck the PLC lights that should not be on or those that should be to find the problem. In additon to the bay switch make sure that the exit photo eyes are working. If it does not sense the car leaving it will not let the machine reset.

SuperClean

Reaction score
On my OHDs I think that the K5 relay is the one that usually sticks. ON your PLC it is a good idea to mark which lights should be on when everything is working correctly. Then if you have a problem you can ck the PLC lights that should not be on or those that should be to find the problem. In additon to the bay switch make sure that the exit photo eyes are working. If it does not sense the car leaving it will not let the machine reset.
I found the problem thanks guys im not sure how to fix it.
On the vfd it has run stop forward all lit up the problem is the run is not always lighting up so the reset stays on. It has a relay that i changed but it is still doing it. My tec is coming out tomorow (5 days later) I wish i could find someone else im sure he will say it is the vfd. If you know of anything else that i could try before he comes let me know. Thanks again

SuperClean

Reaction score
So its thursday now and my tec says he would be out today now but is a no show.
Does any one know why the run light on the vfd would not come back on after a wash?

Jimmy Buffett

Reaction score
Where are you? There has to be a more dependable tech somewhere nearby.