What's new

Ryko Onboard dryer motor

SuperClean

Reaction score
My tec is out of town for a week and our drivers side dryer keeps tripping the breaker. I took the contacts off so we can at least dry part of the car with the other side and found the problem is with the black wire. I opened the box on the motor and the wires from the motor where the connect with the black one are a little black and the plastic on the connectors are a little melted. I don't want to wait a week to fix it so I'm just wondering how to tell if its the motor or a problem with the wire from the starter. I'm guessing its the motor but would like to make sure before i order one.Thanks

soapy

Reaction score
In the past I have found loose wires for the dryer motors on some Ryko stuff. I would first check all the wire connections and tighten them up. They seem to work loose and then start arcing. Just tightening the wires up may cure your problem. Clean all the black off the wires first, after you turn off the power of course.

MEP001

Reaction score
A motor as large as a dryer motor should have lugs to connect the power instead of wire nuts.