What's new

Ryko OHD lp intermittent issue

soonermajic

Reaction score
Every 20 cars or so, towards end of wash (while lp rinse or lp wax) the breaker in Ryko cabinet is tripped & wash shuts down.
Reset breaker, good to go for awhile. My manager was SURE it was the worn out booster pump, so spent $700 already, & that is NOT the issue!

Any advice out there...?

MGSMN

Reaction score
I'm betting you have a water solenoid coil pulling high current (shorting). Use the test functions to simulate the wash function it was in when the breaker tripped. If you don't have an ammeter to take current measurements feel the coils. If you find a warm coil change it.

Ryko CS

Reaction score
Is this a US2001 OHD model machine? If so, what is the serial number? Which breaker is tripping? It should be marked with a Q followed by a number. I agree it's likely a water solenoid coil pulling too much current.

soonermajic

Reaction score
Yes, a US 2001 OHD, unsure of serial # & breaker. Im outta town, but will try & get up there this evening. Thanks for water solenoid tip! We will check that.
Where is this water solenoid located?

soapy

Reaction score
What circuit breaker is tripping? A 24 coil can draw too much and shut it down but you really need to be more specific on breakers. It has several breakers. If you watch the wash cycle you can kind of narrow it down just on what is being called for at the time it trips.