What's new

Ryko OHD Arm measurement issue

DiamondWash

Reaction score
The arm will measure just fine during the presoak passes but the when the hi-impact comes on it has a problem remembering the width of the vehicle and has come so close on the passenger and driver side I thought I was going to be replacing a mirror I have checked on my handheld the d timers all seem ok, trolley prox is working I just got done spending $2500 on this unit for repairs now this.

soapy

Reaction score
Sounds to me like the drive belt might be slipping a little causing the arm not to travel as far as it should during the trolley run time. Check that the trolley drive belt is tight. Also check the teeth on the drive gear and idler gear to see that they are not worn to a sharp point, When the gears wear to a sharp point that is when you start to see the drive belt slipping over the teeth.

DiamondWash

Reaction score
Just checked the belt and it does show signs of being really smooth where it travels over the teeth of the drive gear and idler wheel I have a call into Ryko for the price of a new belt.

soapy

Reaction score
Usually unless the drive belt has caught on something and the drive wheel spun on the belt the belt will be OK. If you do have a flat spot on the belt it will need to be replaced and probably the drive gear. Check with Astromatic for both the gear and drive belts. I think they are a bit cheaper than Ryko and it is the same brand. The drive belts for the gantry and the trolley are the same so I order mine in long lengths so I have spares and then just cut the belt depending on which one I need. While you are waiting for parts try tightening up the belt so it does not slip as much.