What's new

Ryko OHD 2001 Boost Pump Issues

ibspuds

Reaction score
I have an unusal situation that I hope someone has experienced before. My boost pump is not pumping water periodically. When this occurs I can reprime the pump and wash cars as usual, then it quits again. Sometime it will wash 20 cars before this happens. I have changed out both check valves coming from fresh water tank and going out to undercarrage and rinse halo. I am not fresh out of ideas as to what could be wrong. Any and all help/suggestions are apprieciated. Thank you....

ibspuds

Reaction score
Update

This morning I reprimed pump and it washed 6 cars before it quit, I can't figure this out. Please help!!!

DiamondWash

Reaction score
Have you checked these Solenoid valves to be sure they have no debris in them, also do you see what I did with the check valve before the sta rite pump I switched to a swing style check valve instead of a spring style and I changed the 3/4in hose from the fresh water tank to a 1in hose (that is not shown in these pictures)

soapy

Reaction score
Is your solenoid coil getting wet? Since all the chemical and water connections sit above the solenoids I have seen small leaks cause the coil to not open the solenoid. I drape a little plastic over all the solenoids in the cabinet so that any leaks above them won't get on the coil. A quick tip to priming the pump is a jumper wire from #17 out put to the #34 output on the PLC. THis will force open the fresh water solenoid valve and prime the pump. Do this while in the presoak test mode by touch a wire to those outputs when the pump is on.

soapy

Reaction score
Sorry it took me so long to remember the fix for this problem. What happens is that the air solenoid for either the presoak or trifoam is sticking open. If you hear air coming through the wash arm it is the presoak air solenoid. When the air solenoid sticks it forces the water out of the pump between washes. You can run the presoak without air. It gives a little less hsow but cleaning is not affected. tThe trifoam has to have air to get coverage. The air solenoids are only about $20 from the car wash supply houses so I keep them in stock and just replace them as needed.

ibspuds

Reaction score
Problem Solved

Soapy,
I had Ryko out and the fix was to install a check valve between the pump and soap manifold. I wonder why the manufacture didnt insat one to begin with?