What's new

Ryko (NCS) signature series- PLC bad

ftauben

Reaction score
I have 2 PLC's (4 SS bays) and one of them died. Ryko tells me they don't support the signature series anymore. I can find a PLC but it needs to be programmed. Both PLC's have the exact same functions. The "injured" bay can only do high pressure functions. Anything with chem motors (low pressure) doesn't work. Anybody run into this and figure out a work around. NCS wants to sell me a new solution.

soapy

Reaction score
I have a signature series at one location but have never had a PLC problem with it. My local ryko tech in the past has been able to download the old program off a bad PLC and reinstall it on a new PLC for the automatic washes. I would think you could do the same.

ftauben

Reaction score
I have a signature series at one location but have never had a PLC problem with it. My local ryko tech in the past has been able to download the old program off a bad PLC and reinstall it on a new PLC for the automatic washes. I would think you could do the same.
They won't do it. I've talked to Service management too.

Car_Wash_Guy

Reaction score
Is there any way to easily D/L the program from a functioning unit?

Car_Wash_Guy

Reaction score
They won't do it. I've talked to Service management too.
Try emailing Darin Robertson there at Ryko. He's been a TREMENDOUS help to me when I owned more Ryko equipment. I wish all support help was as knowledgeable and helpful as he. Great guy!

ftauben

Reaction score
Try emailing Darin Robertson there at Ryko. He's been a TREMENDOUS help to me when I owned more Ryko equipment. I wish all support help was as knowledgeable and helpful as he. Great guy!
I know Darren and agree he is good. I did not reach out to him yet.

KYwashywash

Reaction score
I’ll be following this closely. Have a 2006 signature series bench. just installed two new Ginsan meter banks two weeks ago!

Trying to remove everything Ryko possible!!!

Just swapped two old original Ryko AMTT on the automatics couple months ago for Hamilton Goldlines!!!!

Game changers.

good luck!

Detbjr

Reaction score
Also following. I have a 2006/7 vintage signature series system on my 4/1. I’ve brought the wash back from the dead and worry about the plc going bad. Would love to have a backup of the program.

Ryko CS

Reaction score
To transfer the program, you will need a Mitsubishi FX-20P HPP with the proprietary RYKO software. The newer models (FX-30P) may also work, but they would also need the RYKO software and be in the FX2N mode. I've seen them on EBAY, but RDM may also have older ones. If you don't have the software, it would ask you for a password and it won't let you in (and sorry, but I don't have it either).

With a RYKO HPP, power up your original PLC and do the following:

1669064382813.png

First, you will make the transfer "FROM" FX to HPP, then you will go from HPP to FX to upload into the other PLC. Once you are done, you will need to reprogram the serial number of the unit with the following:
1669064476025.png

After that, you will need to reprogram all your setups and timers from the original.

Ryko CS

Reaction score
Before you remove the old PLC, you will want to write down the answers to all your setup questions:
1669064599571.png

soapy

Reaction score
I have a hand held for the Rykos and my long time Ryko service guy has one. I recently spoke to him about this problem and he described this procedure for restoring a program. I feel a bit better now.

Detbjr

Reaction score
Curious what plc you used as replacement? Mine is acting weird - other bays foam brushes start up when one is used. Intermittent problem and I think it may be time. After all it’s almost 20 years old!

Detbjr

Reaction score
I have 2 PLC's (4 SS bays) and one of them died. Ryko tells me they don't support the signature series anymore. I can find a PLC but it needs to be programmed. Both PLC's have the exact same functions. The "injured" bay can only do high pressure functions. Anything with chem motors (low pressure) doesn't work. Anybody run into this and figure out a work around. NCS wants to sell me a new solution.
Which new plc did you end up going with?

ftauben

Reaction score
I had 2 plc's. So I had to rewire the bay from the broke plc to the other one. I had converted 1 bay to automatic bay on the working plc years ago (hence room to move bay to it). I have 3 SS's now running on 1 plc. Zero help from NCS. Thank GOD I have my config prints. Took some time but I fixed it. Did you see new KleenRite SS solution? I need to dig into that and see how hard that would be to convert to.

Detbjr

Reaction score
So you just bypassed the non-functional one? I had thought of trying to get a slightly newer Mitsubishi plc that had more functionality (eg networkable) even if I could get one and follow this procedure, I’m not sure how I’d test it….

Car_Wash_Guy

Reaction score
Funny I read this thread this morning and a few hours later show up and find no mag chloride function working on all bays.

ftauben

Reaction score
Which new plc did you end up going with?
I had two of the same PLC's with same functions so I didn't need a new one. Programming was the issue why I didn't get a new one.

ftauben

Reaction score
So you just bypassed the non-functional one? I had thought of trying to get a slightly newer Mitsubishi plc that had more functionality (eg networkable) even if I could get one and follow this procedure, I’m not sure how I’d test it….
Yes, I removed the bad plc and all the wire connections. Down to 1 PLC now.