What's new

Ryko foambrite softgloss problem

jack954

Reaction score
top roller brush spins but only drops about half way to vehicle. I think the prox switch is fine as the light comes on. any thoughts?

traveler17

Reaction score
top roller brush spins but only drops about half way to vehicle. I think the prox switch is fine as the light comes on. any thoughts?
If the prox might be your problem I always start w the easiest fix if I don’t know for sure. I’ve had bad prox switches even if the light is on

daynightsigns

Reaction score
Check near the long counter weight of the top brush up top where the hoses and cables meet. I might be rubbing and catching hoses or zip ties.

Ryko CS

Reaction score
At the MAC panel on the right side of the machine, turn off the air going to the machine, then dump the residual air from the system. Does the TB drop? It should drop completely. If not, I'd suspect you have either a bind in the bearings, or something catching on the counterweight to prevent proper movement.

ncwkings

Reaction score
Jack954 was asking a question for me.. The TB does drop. I am going to replace the prox switch and see the results..
The needle valve on the cylinder is currently open all the way. i will get back with the results and greatly appreciate all the advice.