What's new

Ryko calls 21 times

Jimmy Buffett

Reaction score
My machine called me 21 times last night after I went home and twice while I was there. I am getting a code 97 when I get a code at all. I can not find anything wrong. The 97 is a "check water supply" code and the water supply is fine. I just turned my ringer off at 10 o'clock and went to bed. I drove up twice last night and had dashes (all is good) once and the code 97 once. I assume it called twice every time it washed a car.
I originally got the code 97 back in the winter when it was really cold and the back door stuck open. It has popped up periodically since then but we have washed several thousand cars since then and I have had my service guy here a couple of times. Any advice?
Thanks

soapy

Reaction score
It is probably the lower float switch in your water holding tank. If the incoming water is too turbulent it can cause the float on the switch to move sending a signal to the PLC that the tank is low on water. Try redirecting the water flow so that it is not directed at the lower float switch. Different times of the year your water pressure may vary causing this. Since the rotary ryko pump can run dry without damage I have been known to unhook the wire on the plc that triggers this. But what do I know I have never stayed at a Holiday Inn and am pretty inexperienced at this stuff.

Jimmy Buffett

Reaction score
Soapy,
I have a Softgloss. I don't have a holding tank, do I?
Thanks

soapy

Reaction score
I had a voyager that had an on board soft water tank. Something has to send the signal to the PLC of low water pressure or low water tank. Find the input on the computer and pull that wire out and see if you still get the false codes. Also if you have a filter on the water supply line check it to make sure it is not getting plugged.

Jimmy Buffett

Reaction score
Whatever it was it apparently got over it. I did have to replace a prox switch a couple of days later. If that was going bad maybe it was the culprit. I'm glad it quit though.
Thanks Soapy.