What's new

Rush is gone

mac

Reaction score
Well we all have to go sometime, but this stings. He had a remarkably direct insight into even the most complex issues and could explain things in a common sense manor without making us feel inferior. He did it with great humor and an acknowledgment that it was simply a gift from God. The left predictably rejoiced in his passing. How sad. I suspect that most here are conservative by nature. You have to be when running a small business, unlike Bill Gates worth of 30 billion plus. Rush was never mean to callers. One of his lines I most remember was when he was talking about endangered species. He said, you want to know how to save these species? Eat them. You never see cows, chickens,hogs, etc on the list. He was one of the country’s great commentators, joining the likes of Will Rodgers and Mark Twain. They poked fun at both sides and did it with humor. God rest Rush. Was good to know you.

traveler17

Reaction score
Well we all have to go sometime, but this stings. He had a remarkably direct insight into even the most complex issues and could explain things in a common sense manor without making us feel inferior. He did it with great humor and an acknowledgment that it was simply a gift from God. The left predictably rejoiced in his passing. How sad. I suspect that most here are conservative by nature. You have to be when running a small business, unlike Bill Gates worth of 30 billion plus. Rush was never mean to callers. One of his lines I most remember was when he was talking about endangered species. He said, you want to know how to save these species? Eat them. You never see cows, chickens,hogs, etc on the list. He was one of the country’s great commentators, joining the likes of Will Rodgers and Mark Twain. They poked fun at both sides and did it with humor. God rest Rush. Was good to know you.
Huge loss for the voice of us “reason”

FuturaFan

Reaction score
I miss rush. I always remember hearing him talk on his radio station in my dads car.

Moopyjiggles

Reaction score
Yes his talent was borrowed. Let's work to make rushs dreams come true every day

JJJakubowski

Reaction score
This reply and personal testimony is in the "better late than never" column ... waaaayyyy late.

Rush was responsible for my "conversion" from Lib/Dem to Independent Conservative. I was a charter listener in 1988 when Rush was not so much a POLITICAL commentator as he was a bombastic ENTERTAINER with clever, funny, raucus socio/cultural observations ... that had some Political implications.

By the early 90's, my low 'n slow "epiphany" and move to the Right was gelling. And it was not just what el Rushbo said that opened my eyes. As much as it was what the media and hi profile Libs said he had said. I saw how they all routinely lied and distorted Rush's observations — entertaining, yes, but THOUGHT provoking. Time and time and time again, I found myself asking "Hmmm, if my Leftist tribe is sooo virtuous --- why oh why do we have to lie?!!" Well, the "undeniable Truths" (thanks to Rush's Wit 'n Wisdom) finally got thru my thick Polack skull!

Of course there's no one more fervent than a convert. Sooooo, by the mid 1990's I began my injecting Politics (okay, okay, sometimes heavy handed) into the SSCWN. Why? Cuz I knew (in my head, heart and gut) that Political dynamics had massive impact on all businesses ... with carwashing often in the legislative crosshairs. There was a real Love-Hate-Wha-the-Wha?!! response for my doing what no trade mag editor ("in his right mind") had ever done before --- risk alienating subscribers and advertisers. But I was in my Right-Right mind. And like the Duke was want to say, "A man's gotta do what a man's gotta do." And so I did. Anyhoo, for your viewing pleasure attached is my monumental "Mount RushMore" tribute to Rush that I created in Photoshop. He fits (in more ways than one) there on the Right.

Rest in Peace, Rush, but not too, too peaceably. We've got a bizarre uncivil civil war we MUST win down here!

JJJ   Mount_RUSHmore.jpg

I.B. Washincars

Car Washer Emeritus
Reaction score
Jarrett, as much as I despise reading people airing their political beliefs, you had a way to get your point across (whether we agreed or not), without ramming it down our throats. It was usually entertaining, to boot. We miss you. I wish you would drop in to write an occasional article.

MEP001

Reaction score
Jarrett, as much as I despise reading people airing their political beliefs, you had a way to get your point across (whether we agreed or not), without ramming it down our throats.
Oprah for President!