What's new

rookie owner

gearhead

Reaction score
I am starting to see powdered products advertised more and more. Has anyone out there tried them and had good results? If so, what brand is it and how much if any change over is there as far as the chemical delivery goes?
Thanks,
Matt in Ohio

Buzzie8

Reaction score
I have spent endless hours reviewing chemicals, their attributes, how they clean or shine. I am assuming that you are talking about Blendco or the new system Stone has out for their PreSoaks. As a newbie you need to become somewhat of a chemist to understand how cleaning occurs. I am not sure if you have a friction wash (ie., brushes) or a touchless wash. The pre-soak in a touchless wash is critical in the cleaning process. I have uses all kinds of different pre-soaks over the past few years and have come back to a powder form that uses a super saturated concentrate. It is a slick system but an expensive way to clean cars. The only thing that is more expensive is losing customers because your pre-soak does not work in a touchless environment. I suggest you take the time and interview many chemical suppliers about how and why their presoaks work. Some will offer a Hi PH (alkaline) presoak only. Other will offer a high presoak pass followed by a low PH (acidic) pass. Cleaning a car with chemicalsand high pressuure water is somewhat of an art and changes through out the year based on temperature, road conditions, pollen, bugs, clay, etc.. Become a student of the pre-soaks (and all your chemicals) so you can understand how to get best results. It will make you feel better when you get compliments from your customers and when you are paying the expensive chemical supplier bills.

gearhead

Reaction score
powder pre soaks

Expensive as far as the chemical cost? All the pricing i have seen was a lot cheaper that liquid. Lustra and i have talked about there new line called Ultra Flex and the rep said we could be somewhere around $.52 to $.62 per wash. (BTW, I do own TF autos,using Hi ph with booster and a Lo ph second pass.) I was using Blue Coral and it was killing me. I understand that the bottom line is a clean and shining car. Im not making any money yet so I am always looking to cut costs,(without cutting quality,of course.) What i am using now is doing a good job, but i am always looking. Looking is learning. If i could i would like to get in another question. I was told that you need a titration kit specific to the chemical brand you use.Example, Blue Coral uses a Blue Coral titration kit. Lustra uses a Lustra kit and so on. Would you know if this is a fact or is someone pulling my leg?
Thanks again for the feedback!
Rookie owner
Matt