What's new

Rookie Mistake

Waxman

Super Moderator
Reaction score
My foam polish was sputtering badly for 12 seconds then ran fine for 10 seconds then sputtery again.

I began at the foot valve and worked my way up, taking apart the injector and learning how the ball bearing and spring go in. I proceeded to cover myself, the pump room floor, drums and air compressor with red dye.

Then, after 45 minutes of farting around, I realized the lp pump wasn't coming on. I knew there was a slow burn fuse in there which had been working properly for a long time. It was, of course, the fuse that had gone bad. A 2-minute repair that I needlessly complicated.

I also stained a white car pretty good by neglecting to reinstall a tip in the injector first time around! We spent alot of extra time with the orbital polisher removing the pink stains on the vehicle. Luckily we had the car for the day and were doing some extra work to it so I avoided an embarrassing exchange with a customer at least.:eek:

Bubbles Galore

Reaction score
I've turned myself blue before. You have to pull the air line from the flojet before you take apart a solenoid. The good news was that I smelled great! :D

madscientist

Reaction score
that's not a rookie mistake! a rookie mistake is when it takes you hours to solve something that can be solved by flipping the on/off switch, expecially if it takes calling a tech out to show you how to do it.

E.Joramo

Reaction score
The other day I went over to the gas station next door to solve a problem with their gas powered pressure washer. The attendant kept pulling the cord I walked up flipped it over to run and started it with one pull.