What's new

roller going down backwards

Etowah

mikeexpress

Reaction score
I have a problem now and then with a roller going down backwards at the exit end of my tunnel. When this happens it will jam up the conveyor and you have to manualy pull the chain back and pick the roller back up thru the trap door and put it the right way.I have seen it happen when the car jumps the roller and there is one roller between the wheels and one behind the back wheel, and also when car is pulled thru normally ( no jumping of roller).any sugestions?

Earl Weiss

Reaction score
If a roller is flipped the trap door should flip it back. Try a test to see if it works correctly. If not, something is misaligned.
A car hitting the roller as it is about to pass under the door or forcing it under can be an issue. One possible cure or ways to minimize. Check height door needs to go up for a properly positioned roller versus a flipped roller. If a flipped roller needs higher clearance limit the height the door can go up.

Danny

Reaction score
Another scenario I have seen is that all rollers are not created equal. Meaning you could have a roller that is not designed for your conveyor. A good example is Econocraft's 4 wheel roller is shorter than a Hanna 4 wheel roller and has been known to jam on some conveyors after the trap door. Just something else to look at as a possibility.

Washmee

Fullservice Tunnel
Reaction score
Are you using 2 rollers on each vehicle? Sometimes the backup roller can be flipped the wrong way when sent up by your roller up forks and when it gets to the exit end, it goes back down through the trap door backwards and jams the conveyor. Another possibility is that a piece of equipment(tire brush?) is flipping the roller backwards as it passes.

mmurra

Reaction score
As Earl indicated, the trap door normally flips the roller back. In this case, it is possible that the front tire is pushing the roller ahead (assume vehicle jumped roller and is now in drive, being contained by the tire against the roller). The trap door seems to be working normally, but it SHOULD force the roller back, unless the force of the tire pushing the roller is greater than the force of the resistance of the trap door. In this case the door would lift up against the greated force of the vehicle pushing it. By why would this become a problem now? Is this a mechanical issue or an anomoly?