What's new

Repair plungers for Southern Pride solenoids

GoBuckeyes

Self-Serve and Automatics
Reaction score
I have a bunch of old 1/4" southern pride solenoids on my wash racks that are used for soap and wax. Over the years I have had to replace several with spares because the rubber seal on the plunger will swell and not allow product past. My problem is that I have exhausted my supply of spare plungers and would like to have several on hand as spares. The solenoids are great and while I could replace the entire solenoid with a new style, I see no reason to do so when all that is needed is a plunger. The solenoids have southern pride stickers on them, however, I'm fairly certain they did not manufacture them. The plungers looks similar to the ones in a KIP solenoid but are about twice the size. Anyone have any idea who made/makes those solenoids. I don't have a picture or Southern Pride part number handy but can get one if needed. Thanks.

rph9168

Carwashguy
Reaction score
Contact Hydro-Spray (800-528-5733). They carry a lot of Southern Pride replacement parts.

MEP001

Reaction score
Have you tried taking a razor and slicing the rubber on the plunger down?

cantbreak80

Maybe I need new clubs
Reaction score
Might check with Carolina Pride. Their systems are/were nearly identical to the old Southern Pride Turbo Spray wash racks.