What's new

Recourse

Randy

Reaction score
To keep the bastards out of our dumpsters we lock them up like there was gold inside. I hate to say this but I've been in fist fights with those who think it's there God given right to dig in the dumpster for that special piece crap. I'm done dealing with these pieces of crap people, we just call the police.

MEP001

Reaction score
dumpster stories are never ending through the years! my biggest issue is that when you catch them they think that they are entitled to a debate over it. if they would just say, i get it i’m sorry and it won’t do it again, i would simply say no problem hope to see you again soon.
When you click "Reply," just type your message under the text that comes up that's surrounded by the [ quote ] and [ /quote ] tags so you don't end up with one post that's just a quote and another that's a message not addressed to anyone.

jack954

Reaction score
When you click "Reply," just type your message under the text that comes up that's surrounded by the [ quote ] and [ /quote ] tags so you don't end up with one post that's just a quote and another that's a message not addressed to anyone.
👍

JMMUSTANG

car wash owner
Reaction score
To keep the bastards out of our dumpsters we lock them up like there was gold inside. I hate to say this but I've been in fist fights with those who think it's there God given right to dig in the dumpster for that special piece crap. I'm done dealing with these pieces of crap people, we just call the police.
Randy it’s time to take a DEEP BREATH and a Vacation.

WBNTEXAS

Reaction score
Randy, what type of cover lock do you have on your dumpster? Ours has a lockable bar that hinges over the lids. The bar only releases when the dumpster is inverted over the W/M truck. It's secure when locked, so the 'I thought you put it there for me..." argument doesn't hold much water.

mjwalsh

6 bay SS w/laundromat
Reaction score
Randy, what type of cover lock do you have on your dumpster? Ours has a lockable bar that hinges over the lids. The bar only releases when the dumpster is inverted over the W/M truck. It's secure when locked, so the 'I thought you put it there for me..." argument doesn't hold much water.
Ours is like that. That way the driver does not have mess with the lock ... just us for dumping our barrels. WM still provided the specific master padlock with a few keys since they own the dumpster.

The dumpster truck drivers were being careless about not putting the dumpster back keeping it out of the way properly. We painted a THANK YOU along with orange visual lines orange painted showing the "put back range" area. So far so good that approach seems to work better than calling their offices complaining.

Randy

Reaction score
We have to lock up the dumpsters to keep the bastards out of them. We had to put a bar across the inside center because they would jump on the dumpster and smash the lids in. Our dumpsters are picked up twice a week and they are maxed out every time they are dumped, we have to unlock the dumpster and remove the center bar on garbage day. Last week they cut holes in the plastic lids to get at the garbage. I swear it never ends.

Attachments

mjwalsh

6 bay SS w/laundromat
Reaction score
We have to lock up the dumpsters to keep the bastards out of them. Last week they cut holes in the plastic lids to get at the garbage. I swear it never ends.
I certainly don't envy that situation. We lock because of rogue contractors & others putting too much into them if they are unlocked.

Randy's last post caused a "flashback" in my mind to the days when we would leave the dumpster unlocked. We actually had a policy of when one or two "aluminum can" collectors would jump inside ... we would more or less ignore it. My flashback was of how a lady police officer saw it happening & came up to us saying that she hesitated to "discourage" RECYCLING. Of course we played along 😎 with that mindset as long as the "collector-recycler" did not litter on the outside of the 4 yard weekly scheduled dumpster.

Maybe if this aluminum exchange controversy with Canada goes south ... we will see a recycler again & leave the dumpster open again as a trade off. In the meantime get "better license plate cameras" for the "rogue" contractors & other vehicles unloading improperly bypassing our city's dumpground fees.

Randy

Reaction score
This is what the BASTARDS! did the other day. W/M said this getting to be all to common, It'll be a week to 10 days before they can bring out a new dumpster, I don't know why they can't fix it out in the field.

Attachments

WBNTEXAS

Reaction score
Randy, I Googled bear proof dumpster lids. Under "Images or Shopping" tabs a lot of good photos and links come up.
But bears don't carry portable angle grinders...

mjwalsh

6 bay SS w/laundromat
Reaction score
A functioning wireless part of an alarm system with a quick enough response might break the rascals of their habit ... once they realized they could be caught ... maybe would be enough deterrence??? BTW ... I see a lot of dumpsters around town that have their own specific fence around it???

MEP001

Reaction score
The problem with a fence is that you have to leave it open on the days of pickup, and they're just savvy enough to figure that out.

mjwalsh

6 bay SS w/laundromat
Reaction score
The problem with a fence is that you have to leave it open on the days of pickup, and they're just savvy enough to figure that out.
I can check but I am pretty sure that those buildings that have the dumpster fence have the Garbage Collection Company unlock a LOCK before they position & hook the truck loading arms to the dumpster.

Randy

Reaction score
We have to have our dumpsters in an fenced enclosed area, so you can't see them, it's a city ordinance.

mjwalsh

6 bay SS w/laundromat
Reaction score
We have to have our dumpsters in an fenced enclosed area, so you can't see them, it's a city ordinance.
Does your city allow razor sharp prison grounds style barb wire on your dumpster enclosure to deter anyone climbing over?