What's new

Recommendation for Spot Free Rinse?

Rodebaugh1

Reaction score
It depends a lot on where you start. Our city water runs 950 - 1100 ppm solids. Our spot free is generally 10 - 20 ppm. If you're running over 95 - 98% rejection, that's about the best you can expect.

Bricks

Reaction score
16 PPM is good. "They" say anything under 50 is good, but I test it by spraying the windshield with spot free and park it in the sun. 30 PPM and below will not leave spots.

You'd have to replace the membrane(s) to improve your TDS.
Thanks MEP! That eases my mind.

Bricks

Reaction score
It depends a lot on where you start. Our city water runs 950 - 1100 ppm solids. Our spot free is generally 10 - 20 ppm. If you're running over 95 - 98% rejection, that's about the best you can expect.
Thank you!!

Toms PTcarwash

Reaction score
Not sure what you are using for a TDS meter. Check the TDS of your incoming water, then check the TDS of your spot free water.
Get a bottle of drinking water and check that.
If you are more than a couple PPM above the drinking water, you will leave spots.

MEP001

Reaction score
Get a bottle of drinking water and check that.
If you are more than a couple PPM above the drinking water, you will leave spots.
I've tested bottled drinking water that reads over 50 PPM. I've also found that you can't put RO water in a bottle and check it a day later and have it read the same as what the system actually produces.

Toms PTcarwash

Reaction score
I would not buy any more of that bottled water!
I do a check on my RO storage tank every couple weeks. If its above 5ppm, I know i soon need to order new RO membranes. If it hit 10ppm, they get replaced.
Maybe I am too picky, but I have many customers that continually tell me my spot free is great. Some people in the neighborhood stop by in the rain and just do a spot free before going home to put the car in the garage.

water guy

Reaction score
I would not buy any more of that bottled water!
I do a check on my RO storage tank every couple weeks. If its above 5ppm, I know i soon need to order new RO membranes. If it hit 10ppm, they get replaced.
Maybe I am too picky, but I have many customers that continually tell me my spot free is great. Some people in the neighborhood stop by in the rain and just do a spot free before going home to put the car in the garage.
Hell I would like to be a membranes salesman in Pennsylvania.

MEP001

Reaction score
It's certainly your prerogative to do that, but I assure you it's unnecessary. Maybe next time you're ready to replace them, test the TDS once a month, then wash your vehicle and park it in the sun to dry. See how high the TDS reads when you start to notice spots on the windows.

If you plan to keep changing them early, will you send me the old ones? I'll pay shipping.