What's new

Re-Plumbing Low Pressure System

Bucksavage

Reaction score
I have a very old Mark 7 3-bay self serve pump system. I want to re-plumb the low pressure system.

Currently the only product running on low pressure through the system is tire/engine cleaner and foam brush. (Triple foam and spot free are on their own system) The tire and engine is the only chemical that runs to the manifold in the bay requiring air.

The current system has seperate solenoids for chemical and air. Is there a reason for this?
Can't chemical and air tee together at one solenoid and once this solenoid is activated both flow to the bay? It seems like a bunch of extra plumbing and solenoids to fail!!

The only problem I could see is sending the mixture to the foamer mounted inside the bay for the foam brush.

If anyone has a website I could go to that explains low pressure systems in detail that would be helpful.

Thanks in advance

MEP001

Reaction score
Bucksavage said:
The current system has seperate solenoids for chemical and air. Is there a reason for this?
Can't chemical and air tee together at one solenoid and once this solenoid is activated both flow to the bay? It seems like a bunch of extra plumbing and solenoids to fail!!
Anything you do to change it will require as many or more parts to potentially fail as are in place now. There are two good reasons why you want separate lines for liquid and air going to the bay. The first is fill time. Your liquid would settle out after each use, and you'd get an inconsistent output until the line filled from the room to the boom. The other is the number of parts in place to potentially fail. Right now you have one check valve and two solenoids. You'd be able to eliminate one solenoid, but you'd need two more check valves before the solenoids to keep those separated until it's called for. In my experience, good quality solenoids are far less troublesome than check valves.

"Don't fix what ain't broke."