What's new

Rainx

Wet Spot

Reaction score
I’m considering on converting to rainx as my wax sealant. What color tip are you using. I’ve heard it’s pretty thick and can clog on too small of a tip. How does it perform and customer feedback. What kind of prices are you seeing for a 15 and 30.

Eric H

Reaction score
Are you trying to use Rain-X for name recognition or trying to switch to a Total Body Protectant?
I use Kleen-Rite Aquaguard in my bays. Has a Very light foam show but beads up great.

washnshine

Reaction score
Are you trying to use Rain-X for name recognition or trying to switch to a Total Body Protectant?
I use Kleen-Rite Aquaguard in my bays. Has a Very light foam show but beads up great.
I was going to ask the same thing. Any of these products will perform very well - beading and shine will improve over standard drying agents/sealers that might be typically found in a self serve. You might not have to pay for the name brand to get equal results, unless you are really sold on advertising genuine Rain X and using it.

Wet Spot

Reaction score
Looking for a great product, hoping name recognition will initiate more use, but an open to equal performance at a better price. What tip used on rainx, and costs seeing for 15 and 30

washnshine

Reaction score
I’ll throw in the one I use too:

Lustrashield by CSI Lustra.

Not as expensive as Rain X, but probably not as economical as the other two mentioned that you can get straight from KR.

I know expense is not just the cost of the drum, but the cost of product used. The lustrashield conventional concentrate ends up getting diluted down to about .75 ounce per gallon of water. Less control in a s.s. of cost per car. The have an ultra concentrate, but I do not use that.