What's new

Rain X Halo Arch Neon Problem

wood

Reaction score
Our neon light attached to the halo style rain x arch is not working.
All wiring looks fine. In the backroom a light control box from Ilight Technologies is stationed. On the website, a reset button is shown. My box has no such button.

Any advice before I call an electrician?

Thanks,
Wood

DavidM

Reaction score
We had a similar problem. Here is what I discovered. Our box was the older style with no reset button. Replaced the box with a new one and the reset tripped immediately. Did some testing and discovered that one of the 8' light sections was bad and causing the power supply to trip.
Now the bad news... You can only buy the set and the cost is somewhere around $800. I am looking at some other options now.

Arch is only about 3 years old. It was expensive enough without this.

wood

Reaction score
Dave:

Great, my wash is 3 years old and just like you, no reset button. I guess I could order the new box , but the same thing might happen that occured when you switched it out. I got the $800 cost on new neon, but what was the cost of the new box if I try that route?

I had an unused neon light sign on a pedestal not being used. So, for the time being we are going that route.

Wood

DavidM

Reaction score
Wood, Fortunately for us our distributor had an extra power supply that he gave us so I don't know what that the price is.

Jon, do you have a picture of your Rain-X arch with the rope lights? I was thinking about doing something like that.

David

Last edited:

Ross wash

Reaction score
lights

I also had this problem and i talked to Tommy's car wash systems since they actually manufacture this arch for ecolab, and the told me there was a 3 year warranty on the led light strips. SO if you look on either end of the light there should be a mfg date if its with in the three years you can get it covered for free. IF not and you have to purchase one they are $265 each not $800