What's new

Rain X 3.5 oz.bottles

Jim L.

Florida panhandle
Reaction score
Today I tried to order some 3.5 oz. bottles of Rain X from Kleen-Rite. I was told that they were out of them and they had not ordered any more. The sales girl said that they were having trouble getting products from Rain X but did not elaborate. Anyone else run into this? Got another source? My usual supply houses don't carry the small bottles.

Indiana Wash

Reaction score
a Rain X distributor called me about Rain X. He informed me that I was using bootleg Rain X and that he was the only person who could sell me Rain X. Even though the Rain X was real, it was bootleg and I had to pay whatever price he wanted. He even told me that my distributor had been sued in Federal District Court. I asked my distributor who denied being sued.

Long story short, it seems that Rain X and its distributors are vigilant about their distribution network. I know I don't want any Rain X which is cheaper because a distributor is selling outside of his geographical area. Actually, I decided that I don't want any Rain X.

Waxman

Super Moderator
Reaction score
Maybe you can buy a different brand of rain repellant in the size you want. Rain Vision and Vision Clear are 2 that come to mind.

Bubbles Galore

Reaction score
I have never had any luck selling rain-x at the wash. I personally love the product, but I can't sell it worth a hoot!

Indiana Wash

Reaction score
Maybe you can buy a different brand of rain repellant in the size you want. Rain Vision and Vision Clear are 2 that come to mind.
The Rain-X distributor's attitude turned me off so much that I switched to Rain Guard. I am very happy with the product. It foams a little more than Rain-X on application and has a pleasant scent. My customers are very happy with the product. I don't like to do business with anyone who immediately attacks his competitors and runs them down before asking me what my needs are.

Jim L.

Florida panhandle
Reaction score
dclark

I took your advice and called Ecolab this week. The girl that worked there said that Kleen-Rite was not on their vendor?s list and she never even heard of them. I figured it would be a waste of time to peruse the conversation any further.

Louise

I can get the bottles at Wally World for $2.37 + tax. It?s just cheaper to buy by the case through Kleen-Rite.

I?ve had the Rain X bottles in my vendor for as long as I can remember. They are not a big seller, but some customers buy the stuff regularly.