What's new

Rail Heat

raisetheprice

Reaction score
2- bay LW 4000--I can hear the contacts when it gets cold enough for the rail heat to come on, but the rails don't ever get hot. I think it was wired incorrectly out in the bay on both bays. How is it supposed to be wired?

koliver

PDQ Sales Engineer
Reaction score
The heaters should be wired in series. One wire of the first heater on the left will go to termial 28, then back to C-Y44 (T2). The other wire from that heater will connect to the second heater. The final wire on the second heater will go back to terminal 29 and then back to C-y44 (T3).

For the right rail, it would be the same, except use termials 30 and 31 and then back to C-Y44.

Any questions, let me know.

lag

Reaction score
2- bay LW 4000--I can hear the contacts when it gets cold enough for the rail heat to come on, but the rails don't ever get hot. I think it was wired incorrectly out in the bay on both bays. How is it supposed to be wired?

Very easy to wire incorrectly. the wagos where they connect in the Jo are not numbered in order. the numbers go 28 ,30 ,29, and 31. Also alot of people donot wire them correctly in the rail ,as koliver has already stated.

Should be a fairly easy fix. You should make the whoever installed it fix it.
all your options should have been tested,during start up IMHO.

raisetheprice

Reaction score
The wash is 8 years old and honestly we don't need it that often here in Texas, but I've had a couple of motor run ons this week as a result of ice build up. It's there, just needs to be fixed right. I don't think my original installer would come back without a trip charge, hourly charge, and now they're even adding a fuel surcharge. Call me stupid, but I would think that the trip charge is what that's for but whatever.

MEP001

Reaction score
A lot of people have been tacking on the fuel charge mainly to help combat the high fuel prices. When gas was still $1 a gallon they could easily write it off as an operating expense.