What's new

Radio Advertising

bert79

Reaction score
Just curious about others' experience with radio advertising? We are considering it in order to reach a demographic that Facebook is not. Did you see an increase in traffic because of it? Any other type of advertising that

bert79

Reaction score
Just curious about others' experience with radio advertising? We are considering it in order to reach a demographic that Facebook is not. Did you see an increase in traffic because of it? Any other type of advertising that
Sorry not sure why the last bit was left off. Is there any other type of advertising that you would suggest?

Waxman

Super Moderator
Reaction score
I have found radio ads to be too expensive for my little wash. I do better with my google business page:

https://house-of-wax.business.site/?utm_source=gmb&utm_medium=referral

It's free and very easy to update, add to, reply to reviews, etc.

You can easily track your stats and see how many customers look at your page, call you and ask for directions.

The other thing I use now is groupon for my detail shop. Just started it so no data yet.

MEP001

Reaction score
Not trying to be a smartass or anything, but I've found the best advertisement is word of mouth. I've been fully hands-on in quite a few washes over the years, and they always improve just from the way I operate them. I just keep it clean, give good product, check everything every day. Be the best and charge appropriately for it.

Car_Wash_Guy

Reaction score
I advertise on a digital billboard about 1 mile from my wash. I feel it has increased traffic to my wash pretty good. It costs me $400 a month and I figure if I get 1-2 customers a day from it it's worth it.

bert79

Reaction score
Thank you for the input guys I really appreciate the knowledge shared. So far we have been using Facebook to do ultra localized advertising (1-7 mile radius). This has generated a LOT of business. Very worthwhile. For example we ran one ad on Facebook and could select our demographic and area in which we wanted to advertise. The ad had a video of the underbody flush as cars entered the IBA. It was about 7 seconds long. IIRC we ran the ad for 10 days and the video had about 20k, 3-second views. A lot of people at the wash have said that they saw our ad on FB. That ad cost us $200. The second best thing we have done is (To Waxman's point) to get listed on google maps. Although I haven't done much with the webpage that they offer (because we have a FB page), the listing on google maps and in google search results is free and is an absolute must for any car wash. We do run the absolute best operation in the area and have 90k within a 5 mile radius. We have been open for just over one year now after buying a defunct wash and doing a total renovation. The wash was down for about 8 years prior to us reopening. We notice that Facebook only reaches a certain age demographic and were wondering if radio might hit a slightly older demo that we are missing. Radio ads here are approximately $500 for 100 (30 second ads).

washallday

Reaction score
I take the money I was planing on using for advertising and give it directly to my customer audience. In other words I take my coupons (Token Notes from Hamilton) and donate them to different charities, clubs, church, local businesses. I give away free washes... If my budget is $300 a month I give away $600 of washes. I do this for several months. What is nice about this is you can see and track what response you are getting. I mark my coupons for each place I give to so that you can tell who is using the wash. I find you give people a FREE $12.00 wash and they will show up to use it, You tell someone to stop by you are now open and by the next day they forget.

Mrs.autowash

Reaction score
We’ve done some serious advertising with radios and can’t really track any return. The hardest part is neither could they. There are better places to spend marketing dollars. Lots of good suggestions by other operators.