What's new

Quickbooks Expense

mjwalsh

6 bay SS w/laundromat
Reaction score
Just a thought ... banks may charge for automatic transfer of the net payroll amounts if the employee does not have an account with the same bank. Not sure of if that is much of a cost factor though???

MEP001

Reaction score
Just a thought ... banks may charge for automatic transfer of the net payroll amounts if the employee does not have an account with the same bank. Not sure of if that is much of a cost factor though???
Banks do not charge for that.

Mel(NC)

Reaction score
I use Quickbooks for my carwash (no employees) and a consulting firm (3 employees). I have the desktop version because the online version is substantially higher. The big expense with Quickbooks is the pay roll service. I have "enhanced payroll" which includes direct deposit, calculating tax payments, and filling out tax forms. It costs $477 plus $4.27/month. I would guess this is what you are being billed for. The cost is based on the number of employees. It is expensive but worth it to me. I don't have an admin and it saves time.

Greg Pack

Wash Weenie
Reaction score
It costs $477 plus $4.27/month.
How often do you pay $477?

Right now I pay $39 per month and $7/employee with gusto. They have a very easy to use system, customer support has been great, and they handle all filings and annual forms. The one thing I don't like is the 2 day turnaround on payroll, which is 4 days when you first sign up.

Mel(NC)

Reaction score
How often do you pay $477?

Right now I pay $39 per month and $7/employee with gusto. They have a very easy to use system, customer support has been great, and they handle all filings and annual forms. The one thing I don't like is the 2 day turnaround on payroll, which is 4 days when you first sign up.
The $477 is an annual fee that is based on the number of employees you have. I would not say that Quickbooks is easy to use but I have used it for accounting for 20+ years so it makes sense for me to use it for payroll as well.

wyatt

Reaction score
I just got my notice... $450 to extend my QB enhanced payroll another year. The bummer deal is I purchased QB Pro (with a 1 year subscription to enhanced payroll) off Amazon last year for only $200?!?!

Waxman

Super Moderator
Reaction score
I just cancelled QB annual 'subscription'. They said a QB desktop annual subscription gets you : automatic updates, free data backup and recovery, and a few other things. The most complicated thing I used QB for was payroll, so I switched to a payroll service.

It is very reasonable considering the time savings for me. No more Friday mornings waiting for a slow home computer to work. No more stressing out about quarterly tax deposits being done correctly and on-time. No more completing W2's. And no more Quickbooks annual fee!

Rudy

Reaction score
I use PayWindow by ZPay. It's $45 per year...and you do the payroll yourself. Takes 5-10 minutes to run for my 4 employees.

Runs on a PC. Couldn't be happier....been doing it this way for 10+ years.

I always felt ripped off by payroll "services".

I have no interest, other than being a happy customer.