What's new

Pump stand walking

Kramerwv

Reaction score
Looking for advice on what to put under the feet of pump stand to keep it in place. Rubber feet that are there have hardened over time allowing more movement than we’d like.

washnshine

Reaction score
Looking for advice on what to put under the feet of pump stand to keep it in place. Rubber feet that are there have hardened over time allowing more movement than we’d like.
Have you thought of lag bolts? You wouldn’t necessarily have to go through the stand, just put them up to the edge of the stand in whichever direction it is walking. Or maybe on the corners. Two would probably do it.

MEP001

Reaction score
Wedge anchors are always better than lag bolts.

washnshine

Reaction score
Wedge anchors are always better than lag bolts.
Yes - they are good. I was thinking if he ever wanted to move/slide the stand, and reposition, the lag bolt can come out of the sleeve and then be put back in. I have not worked enough with wedge anchors and thought they had to be either sawed off, or ponded into the hole, making that location no longer usable. Maybe they are different though.

I.B. Washincars

Car Washer Emeritus
Reaction score
If it's just walking, it doesn't need to be fastened to the floor. Just drill a hole through the frame (if there isn't one already) and into the floor, and drop a bolt through it. Do this in two places on each stand, and you're done.

MEP001

Reaction score
I have not worked enough with wedge anchors and thought they had to be either sawed off, or ponded into the hole, making that location no longer usable. Maybe they are different though.
That is exactly the case, can be a problem if you need to drill next to a hole left by one pounded through or cut off. They are much stronger though.

Kramerwv

Reaction score
Thanks for all of these ideas - will let you know what we do and the outcome

mac

Reaction score
I think most of you are missing he main point here. If a pump stand "walks" across a floor it is not caused by poltergeists. The floor is simply sloped and the vibrations make it go downhill. If the stand has leveling feet put a spirit level on it and adjust till plumb. If there are no adjusting feet then you need to throw in an anchor.

Blanco

Reaction score
Drill four holes and anchor it with red head anchors.

mikempls

Reaction score
All situations can be different, but Mac hit it spot on for my situation. We took over a location last year that has 4 - 2 bay pump stands. 1 stand kept walking. It was next to a floor drain. We leveled it out and it hasn’t moved since.