What's new

Procon Pump & Electrical Connection

Jeff_L

Reaction score
I just ordered a 120volt Procon pump and will be using a 120volt PLC to turn it on and off. Do I need a contactor to start the motor? Or will simply supplying it 120volts via the PLC relay be sufficient?

MEP001

Reaction score
Some PLC's can handle that load, but I wouldn't do it anyway. You can (and should) use a relay controlled by the PLC to take the load instead of risking damage to the PLC.

Earl Weiss

Reaction score
Since the pro cons are 120V I am not sure if a DRB could handle the load if you swap out solenoid valves for flo jets to pro cons. This might require a relay.

Tunnels have Pre Soak, Tire cleaner, Triple foam soap, Triple foam Polish wax,Sealer wax, Drying Agent, Tire Shine, and Rain X. So that's a dozen pumps (some might have more) and foaming soaps need a solenoid valve any way which can feed both the air supply for foaming and the flo jet so you'd need that any way plus relays and electrical for pro cons.

Earl Weiss

Reaction score
Flo Jet convenience and a fooler.

I like thatfact that if a flojet fails with the 3 quick disconnects I can pull off the hosesand connect a spare in 10 seconds and later remove the old pump and secure the new one while operating.

BUT I and my guys have been fooled by the built in air line check valve (when I didn't know it had one). It failed and jammed and used the quick connects with the check valve attached as designed.) to swap out the pump. Couldn't figure out why the new one didn't work. Or, the second new one I tried.