What's new

Problems between Manuf. and distr.

pitzerwm

Reaction score
Recently a distr. of one of our sponsors called me and talked to me about a problem that had developed between the distr. rep and him. There had been some letters and it appeared that the President of the manuf. had blown it off thinking that the distr. rep had taken care of it. There was misinformation and hard feeling all around. One phone call to the President bringing this to his attention ended up in everyone winning.

It got me to thinking about how these things happen and how everyone loses when things are left unsolved. So a suggestion that I came up with is that as a distr. or a customer you should communicate with the President of the companies that you deal with from time to time, with info, successes, suggestions etc. so that if there is a problem or miscommunication, they have more motivation to get more involved in the issue.

Danny

Reaction score
Bill that is a good point. I often let manufacturers know of issues with various problems from competition, product design/development and even employee issues. The way I look at it is, if nobody tells them how can they fix it or improve it? I often ask my customers what their opinions are on products this helps keep me and my company (distributor) ahead of the game. I don't see how this practice can ever become a negative!

jprb

Reaction score
Bill,
Would a list of contact information for each company be possible on this site? If the company head wants to be contacted by customers, their name and contact info on a list would be helpful.

JPRB

Uncle Sam

Reaction score
Amen, Bill!!!! Don't mess with the company reps who always want everything to look rosy in their territory to higher management. Writing to the President/CEO usually gets some action on most misunderstandings or "bending of the story" from the self-interest of the distributor or rep.

That is why we ask for feedback on our users group below on any idea or problem that comes along.

Uncle Sam

pitzerwm

Reaction score
Most of the sponsors of the Forum, the link to their site, will get you contact info. If you can't find what you need email me, most people take my call.

bigleo48

Reaction score
The presidents should be communicating with us on a regular basis, instead of waiting for the comments. My 2 cents...BigLeo

aca carwash 2

Reaction score
decal

I ordered a decal for a D&S self serve bay 9 months ago and still have not received it. When i put in a new touch pad it ripped the old one and had to tape it. To this day I still have not received it.I called the company to get help and still no decal.It way to much hassel to fight between distributor and company over a $20 part. They claimed they did not know the size although I bought it from them and gave them the dimensions 4 times. WOW!!!

pitzerwm

Reaction score
ACA, I told you to call D&S directly, now they are calling me trying to cure the issue and no one has your phone number.

pitzerwm

Reaction score
Lying to me really pi$$es me off and normally, I would just ban and delete all of their post, but in this case, D&S and the distr. reputation needs to be corrected. ACA owes the distr. money and the decals are waiting on the distr. desk. Very few of us would deliver them when the customer owes you money and has had other similar issues in the past.

MEP001

Reaction score
pitzerwm said:
ACA owes the distr. money
That must be why he can't get help with his D&S 5000 issues.

Danny

Reaction score
Our accounting software system simply locks up a customer's account until they are current. This saves customers from digging a deeper hole. It also saves my other customers from paying the overhead of the bad debts of others.

If there is a dispute on a bill why not atleast pay for the decals with a credit card?

pitzerwm

Reaction score
This is a common problem, there is a dispute with the distr. he quits providing parts or service and then they call the manuf. and in this case calls me, doesn't do what I suggested and it turns out he owes money when he specifically said that he didn't. Mudd in my book.