What's new

Pro Navigator Questions

washregal

Reaction score
I have a Pro Navigator about 10 yrs old I would guess. It seems like I have a problem a week with it.

Currently my spray arch (inverted L) - the unit is having trouble with travel.

It does wash cars inconsistantly. On a presoak / or wash cycle toward the driver rear end the unit will turn sharply hit a car and go back to the home position causing the unit to shut down and need reset manually.

Is this a photo eye issue?

If so, will any type of photo eye work for replacement?

Has anyone else seen major issues like this? I am hoping that if I replace the photo eyes I am back in business. Lost a ton of revenue being down for the weekend.

jcollins

Reaction score
Hopefully, you've already solved this problem. But if you're still stumped, think about this.
As the gantry/oval is moving down the long rails towards the entrance of the wash, the computer is looking for an input from either the rear t-bar eyes or the rear (entrance) limit proximity switch.
If the computer sees either one of these inputs, the gantry stops and the trolley starts its move around half of the oval.
Try to disconnect the input coming from the t-bar eyes and see if it will wash consistantly. On a full size car or truck, you'll not even notice it's not "measuring" with the t-bar.
If the gantry travels all the way to the rear (entrance) limit and washes consistantly, the problem is with the eyes. If the problem is still there, the rear (entrance) limit proximity switch is the problem. .......If the problem is still there, could have a problem in the festoon cable.
Hope this helps.