What's new

Presoak hose

Reds

Reaction score
I have JCC equipment. My high alkaline presoak gets drawn out of a drum and into a tank where a hydrominder mixes it with water. The hoses that I have been using to draw the chemical out of the tank are clear poly (pvc) hoses (1/2" ID)from Dultmeier. The hoses turn hard and black after several months and then start leaking. They get so hard that the foot valve will not even come out of the hose on the drum end, and on the hydrominder end I can actually break them in half like a pretzel stick. The presoak mixture is heated, so I suspect that the combination of presoak and heated tank are affecting these hoses big time. Is there any other kind of hose that will stand up the the high alkaline chemicals without deteriorating? Or do I have to keep changing them every 6 months?

JustClean

Reaction score
I have JCC equipment. My high alkaline presoak gets drawn out of a drum and into a tank where a hydrominder mixes it with water. The hoses that I have been using to draw the chemical out of the tank are clear poly (pvc) hoses (1/2" ID)from Dultmeier. The hoses turn hard and black after several months and then start leaking. They get so hard that the foot valve will not even come out of the hose on the drum end, and on the hydrominder end I can actually break them in half like a pretzel stick. The presoak mixture is heated, so I suspect that the combination of presoak and heated tank are affecting these hoses big time. Is there any other kind of hose that will stand up the the high alkaline chemicals without deteriorating? Or do I have to keep changing them every 6 months?
Isn't that rather a chemical problem?

Wally

Reaction score
You can get a hose from your outdoor supply dealer that repairs outdoor equiptment. It is used primarily for gas lines. It will come in 1/4 inch ID(yellowish in color). You can get the 1/4 eductor kit and the tips for it from K/R. It has never turned black or hard with my presoaks and has never needed changing.

PaulLovesJamie

rural 5 bay SS
Reaction score
Wally, I like your comments about using 1/4" hose. But I dont like solid/colored hoses, I like to be able to see the chem. Especially when there's a foot valve involved, as soon as a foot valve goes bad I can see thru the clear hose that I have a problem. Also about once every 5 years I get a clog at the hminder tip, I spotted those thru the clear hose quickly too.

Greg Pack

Wash Weenie
Reaction score
McMaster Carr sells specialty hose (teflon, tygon, etc) that I have used in the past. Not cheap though.

Wally

Reaction score
Paul, It is really not a solid color it has a yellow hue and you can see the soap inside it. It is a tygon hose. I looked on the box today and got this info.

www.Tygon.com

Part# 4040-A .250 ID

When you pull this web site up,click on the picture of the gas can.

You can use 1/4 ID for the soap and wax in the SS with a cheaper hose that you can buy at the hardware store and it's a lot less trouble than the 1/2 that comes with the hydrominder. But you'll need to spend 5 or 6 bucks with KR for the 1/4 eductor and a pack of tips. Someone on another thread said the 1/2 hose would be necessary if you were to run without a tip. I've never had anything I needed to run through the hydrominder without a tip. I will never change back to the 1/2 hose.

Reds

Reaction score
Thanks for the input. I have temporarily replaced most of my hoses with more pvc. But the input from you guys should lead me to a longer term, maybe permanent fix. Thanks again.

Last edited: