What's new

Prep Hose

Boss

Reaction score
I'm going through prep hoses pretty quickly from dragging on the ground. What kind of hose does everyone use to last the longest on concrete?

cantbreak80

Maybe I need new clubs
Reaction score
3/4" PVC pipe cut into 1" to 1-1/2" lengths
Add as many pieces as necessary for the drag-along-the-floor hose.

MEP001

Reaction score
3/4" PVC pipe cut into 1" to 1-1/2" lengths
Add as many pieces as necessary for the drag-along-the-floor hose.
I've seen this done, it's cheap and works. The PVC wears out and gets shorter, but you can just add pieces as needed. It's like $3 for ten feet at home improvement stores.

soonermajic

Reaction score
Put 2 layers of duct tspe. Will extend it by about 4 mos & is almost free.

washnshine

Reaction score
A couple layers of gaff tape or gorilla tape will get you some more life too. Are you in a position to move your boom to have it so the hose doesn’t contact the ground?

OurTown

Reaction score
That's a pretty bold statement. Which KR are you referring to? High pressure or low pressure or all of them in general?
He must have seen that I linked a Kleen-Rite page but must have payed attention to what the product was.

Blanco

Reaction score
I should have been more specific. The hoses that kleen rite makes themselves are terrible. The low pressure hose for foam brush that they sell separately and in the foam brush packages will start to kink at the bend after only a few months of use. Their high pressure hose assemblies are not much better. They tend to wear within a few months also and don't last more than a year and thats if they are on a boom. When the hose is dragging on the floor I've only gotten few months also out of them.I tried switching to them years ago thinking I would save money and it would be great but it was not. Parker is more expensive but they last 10 times longer. Parker Tough Coat 3000PSI is what I use for all my self serve bays and tunnel. Parker Super Tough Coat is what I use in my igus tubes for my in bay automatics. I did just see that link. That superball is pretty cool did not know they made that. Might have to try that out for the 120ft hose we use to spray the tunnel down.

MEP001

Reaction score
The low pressure hose for foam brush that they sell separately and in the foam brush packages will start to kink at the bend after only a few months of use.
Ask for Continental pliovic hose. It's a bit more expensive but well worth it.

Parker Tough Coat 3000PSI is what I use for all my self serve bays and tunnel.
Comparing that to regular bay hose from Kleen-Rite is like comparing Red Wing work boots to Brazos from WalMart.

Earl Weiss

Reaction score
Kleen rite hoses are garbage. Buy Parker. You get what you pay for.
I use KR wire braid hose for the SS HP and FB and get plenty of life. FWIW on my shampoo and air freshener machines I use the spiral hoe wrap and I think it's doubled the life . They no longer break at main flex point or wear they rub on the ground. It's more like dry rot after a couple of years .

MEP001

Reaction score
FWIW on my shampoo and air freshener machines I use the spiral hoe wrap and I think it's doubled the life . They no longer break at main flex point or wear they rub on the ground. It's more like dry rot after a couple of years .
I use blue Continental hose. It lasts 5-6 years without dry rotting and doesn't ever break.

Earl Weiss

Reaction score
I use blue Continental hose. It lasts 5-6 years without dry rotting and doesn't ever break.
I use the Coleman Hose assemblies. Tried once to get an old one apart to replace the hose . Have no desire to spend time and effort to try again.