What's new

Power out; vacuums crushed

Sequoia

AKA Duane H- 3 bay SS
Reaction score
For the third time this season I am in a major power outage in below freezing temps. The last few outages lasted 4+ days each; no forecast yet on this one.

And, today at exactly noon a very large tree full of snow fell and crushed my two (and only) vacuums. I'll post a video of it later.

As a bonus, the falling cedar tree destroyed some of my neighbors property also. He called asking insurance questions this afternoon. I'm headed to the wash tomorrow to make an assessment. Should be fun-- iced up roads, below freezing, no power, several feet of snow, running a chain saw to clear a path. Umm, I thought my next visit was to do ... routine ... maintenance?

Never experienced this kind of winter behavior before. At least the falling tree didn't monkey with my new floor heat boiler which, after paying the bill, I am convinced it was all gold-plated.

The forecast for the next 7 days is snow or precipitation each day. Never seen that before either after 4 days of heavy snow dump. I'm only at 4,000 feet elevation.

Maybe Al Gore is right on global warming. Maybe I don't have a clue.

Been a tough winter.