What's new

Possible to get an email or text if changer is down?

Austin603

Reaction score
Don't know all changers but you would need a small single pole relay that has a operating voltage the same as your light. When the changer powers the light it would also power the relay, which would close the contacts on the sensor and then the yolink app would send you a push notification that your changer is down. If your changer is a Hamilton I'd be tempted to buy the factory kit from Randy- that's a reasonable price and I assume it's plug and play.

You'll also need a hub at the car wash to connect to the sensor. You can install another Speaker hub at your home or office and it will speak to you and say "left carwash changer is out of service" or similar if you like. All these devices that yolink sells range from 25-35 dollars and are pretty handy. You can also connect that relay above to pressure switches on your air and float switches on your tanks, etc.
Thanks for the reply! This is all super helpful!

Thisguyswash

Reaction score
It would be nice to get an alert if a change machine goes out of order (service light comes on). Since the service light is powered by a signal wire I am sure it’s possible to connect it to some sort of device that could then send me an alert. Anyone done this? Appreciate any ideas.
I do this with a cheap PTZ camera in my changer. It's programmed with three positions, one to see the LED to monitor for errors, one to check the level of the coin hopper, and one to monitor the bills. The video is left on the LED position and monitors for a flashing LED. This is done with my Blue Iris camera server software. It can be configured for all kinds of actions. Email and push notofications straightforward to setup. The camera was $40 and blue iris was $50. It's all hosted on site so no cloud fees or security issues.

Fatboy769

Living the American Dream
Reaction score
Just installed the Yolink device and hub that @Greg Pack linked in this thread, to email me when a customers automatic goes out of service. Works perfectly!

Mchas

Reaction score
Nice! I would still like to do this with my Rowe changers - anyone know what relay I would need?

Mchas

Reaction score
According to the Rowe manual, the out of service light is 12vdc
Thanks! I’m not so good with this sort of thing - could someone point me to a relay that would work for this? And how exactly I need to wire everything up? Appreciate it!

Randy

Reaction score
I'd probably call Rowe and see if they have a out of service kit, one that's plug and play. I don't know how the Rowe BC1400 out of service light is wired, is it hot all the time like the Hamilton out of service light or is it off and they put power to it to make it come on. We've gotten rid of all the Rowe changer up here in my area years ago.