What's new

Possessed Meterbox

Bubbles Galore

Reaction score
Okay. So that would lead me to start looking where? As you can tell, this isn't the type of problem-solving I am familiar with. Does it make sense to try and switch out the meterbox with one of my spares?

Thanks for the help.

Dan kamsickas

GinSan Technician
Reaction score
Okay. So that would lead me to start looking where? As you can tell, this isn't the type of problem-solving I am familiar with. Does it make sense to try and switch out the meterbox with one of my spares?

Thanks for the help.
Swapping the door is the best place to start. Even if the problem is not the door, you have cut down the areas to look.

Reaction score
After you try another door i would start to look at the control wire, i had one that was in pipe and where it turned 90 to come down the wall the pipe had come apart and cut into the hot and timmed hot, some times it would run fine for a week then it would start acting up, check where the control cable goes into the control box it could chafe there. Do you have a plug on you boxes or the fanning strip?

Bubbles Galore

Reaction score
I have the fanning strip.

I wasn't able to change the box last night, due to the temps. All I did was empty the garbages and I lost feeling in my fingers. It was frigid.

I am going to swap out tonight and see what I can come up with. The nice thing is that I have 7 other bays that work just fine.:D

Bubbles Galore

Reaction score
As far as I can tell, a new meterbox fixed the problem. So far so good.

Anyone have any ideas as how to troubleshoot the old door to try and nail down the problem?

Bubbles Galore

Reaction score
It is the old style push button. Don't quote me but the dimensions are 9 x 13-9 function with a stop.

MEP001

Reaction score
Make sure you send it in with a description of the problem and a note of "Do not return 'no problem found'". I used to have issues with sending off items with intermittent problems to GinSan and getting it back right away unrepaired because it wasn't tested thoroughly. Customers would send or bring us parts for repair without specifying a problem to look for, then I would get a call from the customer either complaining because it wasn't repaired at all or they would reinstall it and it would fail again.

Bubbles Galore

Reaction score
Sage advice. I will make sure to type something up letting them know what my problem is.

Thanks

Dan kamsickas

GinSan Technician
Reaction score
Make sure you send it in with a description of the problem and a note of "Do not return 'no problem found'". I used to have issues with sending off items with intermittent problems to GinSan and getting it back right away unrepaired because it wasn't tested thoroughly. Customers would send or bring us parts for repair without specifying a problem to look for, then I would get a call from the customer either complaining because it wasn't repaired at all or they would reinstall it and it would fail again.
That is why it is our policy that any item returned to GinSan must have a RMA (Returned Materials Authorization) number from us. It is difficult enough to find intermittent problems, even more so when we don't know what to look for.

And for the record "It don't work" is not an explanation of the problem.

Bubbles Galore

Reaction score
I think I found the short. I still need to have some work done to it though.

As I'm sure you're well aware of, we have had some beautiful weather and that has had me running around like crazy. I will e-mail you later today or tonight about the specifics of the parts I am going to send in.

Thanks!

Dan kamsickas

GinSan Technician
Reaction score
I think I found the short. I still need to have some work done to it though.

As I'm sure you're well aware of, we have had some beautiful weather and that has had me running around like crazy. I will e-mail you later today or tonight about the specifics of the parts I am going to send in.

Thanks!
Look forward to hearing from you.

Yeah, the weather has been unbelievable. That bright shiny thing up in the sky darn near blinded me though. Someone told me they call that "the Sun".