What's new

Please help.

APW

Reaction score
How to get ro water from holding tank to self serve tank?

This might be simple but I do not understand. I have a Purclean pc4500wm ro system. I have 2 - 300 gallon tanks. I assume one for the spot free water and one for the reject. Since these large tanks will have to sit on the floor and can't gravity feed. How does the spot free water make it to the tank atop my self serve pumping station? Thanks for the help.

Last edited:

MEP001

Reaction score
You don't typically have one tank for RO storage and then another tank for the self-serve and another for the auto. You'd just have one RO storage tank with a tee that goes to the pumps for each system.

You'll probably get better responses if you title your thread with something descriptive of its contents.

APW

Reaction score
Thanks MEP001. I went to my shop and looked at my equipment (it's not installed but stored in my shop). The tanks have submersible pumps in them that feed the pumps on my self serve. Thank you for your help. I am trying to lay all this out and understand how it all works before I actually install it.

MEP001

Reaction score
If you use the submersible pumps to fill the other tanks, then there needs to be a liquid level switch in each tank being filled that turns on the sump in the tank, and you'd need a sump for each system being filled or a control valve to direct flow to the tanks. But you don't need all that - it's just something unnecessary to go wrong. You can supply the pumps right off the 300-gallon tank.