What's new

Plastic trim

washnshine

Reaction score
Anyone using a sealer/polish/wax/tvp etc. that actually provides some shine to plastic trim? I don’t expect 10 year old faded and cracked trip to look like it was armor all-ed. But with what we can do with paint and some of these super sealers etc, I am wondering if anyone has a product that enhances trim at all.

Greg Pack

Wash Weenie
Reaction score
Are you referring to a product to be applied in a tunnel? There is an excellent detail type product called solution finish, but it more of a dye and has to be hand applied.

washnshine

Reaction score
Are you referring to a product to be applied in a tunnel? There is an excellent detail type product called solution finish, but it more of a dye and has to be hand applied.
Thanks Greg - yes - I was thinking of a tunnel applied product. I use hot wax and shine and other super sealants/total body protectants and they do great on paint, glass and chrome, but I am not aware of any that add any “pop” to the plastic trim that so many cars have. Again, I know a spray on tunnel product won’t give the same results as a hand applied dedicated restorer or protectants, but just was curious if any of the current tunnel sealants are providing any noticeable enhancement to trim.
thanks again- might try the solution finish for my own car.