What's new

Pit mud disposal

Dantha

Reaction score
Looking to learn all I can about pit mud disposal process in Kentucky. Looking for all regulation regarding what can be done with pit mud for example can I dry it out and put it in the dumpster, can I dry it out on a property and transport it to a landfill, does have to go to landfill or can I use it in topsoil? Looking for regulation cited. Thanks.

traveler17

Reaction score
Looking to learn all I can about pit mud disposal process in Kentucky. Looking for all regulation regarding what can be done with pit mud for example can I dry it out and put it in the dumpster, can I dry it out on a property and transport it to a landfill, does have to go to landfill or can I use it in topsoil? Looking for regulation cited. Thanks.
Not understanding, Why don’t you call yourself and ask local officials. How would we know what your local laws are

Eric H

Reaction score
Not understanding, Why don’t you call yourself and ask local officials. How would we know what your local laws are
Because when you ask a city official they decide to become tyrants and make it their mission to discover obscure ordinances to use to fine you.

I.B. Washincars

Car Washer Emeritus
Reaction score
I'm from Ky. and looked into this about 20 years ago. I did find a KRS statute regarding it. It was kind of ambiguous and vague. IIRC, there were several stipulations. I think you had to own the property it was dumped on, it couldn't be near a waterway, and had to be approved by the cabinet. There were probably others, but that's what comes to mind. I consulted an attorney, and he didn't understand what they meant by the "cabinet". He said he would look into it and get back to me. He hasn't called yet, maybe today's the day.

traveler17

Reaction score
Because when you ask a city official they decide to become tyrants and make it their mission to discover obscure ordinances to use to fine you.
I completely understand. I have 2 washes n different counties/cities with different laws and ordinances. My point is unless you’re from his city how are you going to help with what he’s asking??