What's new

Petit 360i wheel applicators.

GoBuckeyes

Self-Serve and Automatics
Reaction score
Anyone that’s running a Petit In-bay using their frame mounted wheel applicators? If so, how are you using them and what are you running through them? Also, if in a cold climate, any freezing issues? They seem like something I should avoid.
Thanks

APW

Reaction score
I installed them on my new machine and I can tell a big difference especially on the brake dust. I am applying ultra soak hi by Quest on the tires and down the bottom of the truck. As far as the freezing issue I couldn't tell you. Other Petit operators I talked to said they recommended them is why I went with them.

GoBuckeyes

Reaction score
APW, I forgot where you’re located? Somewhere warm?
If you’re applying Ultra Soak Hi I am assuming you’re running only a one step Hi pH presoak? Is that the same presoak you apply to the rest of the car? Thanks

APW

Reaction score
The ultra soak is a separate chemical just for the wheels/tires. I am running two passes of alkaline on my top and middle wash. First pass through the arms, second pass through rain bar and 3x foam pods. With the led lights you can't tell the presoak isn't colored and the coverage is fantastic. I am then injecting the ceramic in my high pressure rinse to rinse the pre soak. Top wash is 3:10 including 30 second underbody. Still playing around with it but I think that is how I will leave it. 20211023_113240.jpg 20211023_161636.jpg

Zal

Reaction score
Not to steal your thread guys but that all looks absolutely great! APW Would you mind telling me how wide your bay is?
Mike

washnshine

Reaction score
The ultra soak is a separate chemical just for the wheels/tires. I am running two passes of alkaline on my top and middle wash. First pass through the arms, second pass through rain bar and 3x foam pods. With the led lights you can't tell the presoak isn't colored and the coverage is fantastic. I am then injecting the ceramic in my high pressure rinse to rinse the pre soak. Top wash is 3:10 including 30 second underbody. Still playing around with it but I think that is how I will leave it. View attachment 4476 View attachment 4477
Looks awesome. So the hp rinse you remove the presoak with is injected with your ceramic?

SuperShine

Reaction score
APW nice Petit. How are you handling heating your presoak passes? Do you have a boiler or a dedicated on demand heater for the 360i?
Are you using Quest hyper concentrates for your presoaks?
I’m specking up one up now with James.
thank you

Car_Wash_Guy

Reaction score
I've noticed that the coverage on the side from the foamers is inadequate. Did you do anything to change that?

APW

Reaction score
I've noticed that the coverage on the side from the foamers is inadequate. Did you do anything to change that?
I did not try to change it. I'm running pre-soak through my triple foam pods and it is covering the windshield good. I've already covered the sides with the first pass of pre-soak so to me it's not that big a deal. I don't think it'll matter to the customer because from the inside with so many LED lights you can't even tell that it's not covering the sides as much as the top. I will say I am super impressed with the Petit compared to my other inverted L machines. Cleans a lot better.

SuperShine

Reaction score
I installed two tankless water heaters and twinned them together to get the flow that I needed. I am using d110 and then boosting it with ADD hi. Cars are coming out super clean.

Thanks APW, do you know the model and capacity of the two tankless hot water heaters that you’re using?
I’m configuring a Petit that’s similarly equipped.

Does your Tri foam/rain bar pass also use hot water? I’m sure that the rain bar and Tri foam running at the same time would use a ton of hot water.

saw one of your vids of the wash in action over on TCW.
Did you use G&G color wash leds in your petit bay as well as your self serve bays? Or is that the standard Petit four led package? I haven’t seen a Petit wash that does the smooth color transitions on the multi color pass. They usually just flash each color.
Looks great!

APW

Reaction score
Petit heats all the low pressure chemicals and so far my highest gas bill has been about $79. As far as the lights, I got the five light option from Petit which are G&G and then I bought directly from G&G a system called Colorwash for my self-serve bays. Here is a link to the water heaters I used.

GoBuckeyes

Reaction score
APW how have the AO Smith water heaters worked out so far? Any issues?

Would you mind shooting a picture of the tank set up? You said you twinned them together and I'm curious exactly what the plumbing looks like. I have another application I'd like to use these for and am having trouble finding plumbing configurations.

SuperShine

Reaction score
I installed two tankless water heaters and twinned them together to get the flow that I needed. I am using d110 and then boosting it with ADD hi. Cars are coming out super clean.
hey APW, did you use a buffer tank with your on demand heaters before the Grundfoss pump?
Thanks

APW

Reaction score
APW how have the AO Smith water heaters worked out so far? Any issues?

Would you mind shooting a picture of the tank set up? You said you twinned them together and I'm curious exactly what the plumbing looks like. I have another application I'd like to use these for and am having trouble finding plumbing configurations.
Sorry for the late reply. Somehow I missed your post. Here is a pic.

Attachments