What's new

Peel-n-stick for vendor?

I.B. Washincars

Car Washer Emeritus
Reaction score
I have a glass-front vendor (not a Shurvend) that is looking kind of forlorn. I have repainted the door and it looks a lot better, but the new paint makes the non-painted part of the door really look bad. What it has on it is a peel-n-stick type of textured plastic/vinyl. Anyone know where to find that stuff, or at least what it is called so I can do a more productive search? My local sign co. didn't have anything.

bigleo48

Reaction score
You should really invest in a vinyl cutting machine and make your own signage. I did it years ago...it's relatively cheap. You can get a cutter for $500 and basic supplies for under $100. http://www.masterwarehouse.com/
Then go nuts and do what you want to do.

Here's a simple example of my petwash outside signage

washme1

Reaction score
Contact a vending machine distributor like Greater America Distributing. They have the materials and will advise you on the procedure. They have locations in Iowa (1-800-244-1823), Missouri and Nebraska.

I.B. Washincars

Car Washer Emeritus
Reaction score
This is not vinyl letter material, it just covers a few panels on the door. The lower panel, that I call the "kick panel" (where the customer would kick it) is covered with this stuff. It is a solid black textured material, I assume for durability. It has no graphics or anything on it, just toe prints. I know I could contact the vending dist for it, but would rather find it in bulk form. I have another machine that has woodgrain that looks pretty bad and I would rather cover it with the black stuff.

pitzerwm

Reaction score
You might look into a spray paint like a truck bed liner. It should give protection and look good.

bigleo48

Reaction score
I do use vinyl to cover stuff like that. It is durable and keeps its color. If it does get damaged its easy and cheap to replace.

I.B. Washincars

Car Washer Emeritus
Reaction score
Well, I just did what most any of us would do. I scrounged around to se what I could do with what I already had. I cleaned it with some "scrub free" bathroom cleaner that I had in my house. Afterward, I wiped it down with a window wipe towel. Then I painted it with some vinyl paint left over from a car I restored 15 years ago. It turned out looking great. I still would like some of that stuff to put on the woodgrain machine, but this one is done unless it all comes off tomorrow.

washme1

Reaction score
Well, I just did what most any of us would do. I scrounged around to se what I could do with what I already had. I cleaned it with some "scrub free" bathroom cleaner that I had in my house. Afterward, I wiped it down with a window wipe towel. Then I painted it with some vinyl paint left over from a car I restored 15 years ago. It turned out looking great. I still would like some of that stuff to put on the woodgrain machine, but this one is done unless it all comes off tomorrow.
The problem is that you'd have to buy a full roll of the vinyl if you go through a vending supply catalog. A distributor would be willing to sell you the amount you need for one vendor.