What's new

PDQ M5 Software Exit Door Problem

bigleo48

Reaction score
All,

I have a M5 with the latest software. On a few occasions lately, the exit door closes at its set time while a car is exiting through the dryer. It is unnerving for the customer who believes they are stuck in the wash bay.

The M5 should know the wash is in use and delay the closing until after the car has left. I think this happens when the vehicle has left the bridge sensors, but not yet tripped the door eyes.

Have any of you experienced the same thing?

Big

r_del71

Reaction score
This was a door behavior in 2.00.02 and was fixed in 2.00.03. Hopefully we have addressed all door issues in the latest version of software, but if you are still having problems, contact the PDQ Technical Services department and we will assist you further.

Bubbles Galore

Reaction score
I think it's awesome to see distributors and service guys browsing the forums to help with problems. That's great!

Mike

Reaction score
FYI for Owners out there,
If you are a registered user on our website www.pdqinc.com you can download M5, Tandem, Access, G5 software for free.
All you need is a computer, a compact flash card and about 15 min of your time.
There are instructions on how to download and load on to your machine, but if you need help just call PDQ tech support and we can help you thru the process.

Mike

Etowah

bigleo48

Reaction score
Mike,

I do and I have. I also spoke to your tech support and they told me to upgrade from 2.00 to 2.03 and that "might" fix it as it fixes other door issues. Not the resounding answer I wanted to hear, but something to try.

Big