What's new

PDQ M5 Arch Impacts

ScottV

Upstate NY
Reaction score
Have been having a recurring problem with my M5 turning in the middle of the back bumper thinking it had cleared the width of the car and then trying to wash the passenger side and it hits the bumper dead center.

The techs have been here a couple of times, checked flags, checked and replaced prox switches and cables, and we still have the problem.

It's intermittent (one in 50 cars) but is a real pain in the a*s! It's always the same location on the vehicle and the error message is "Arch Impact, right side mirror."

Any suggestions?

Thanks
ScottV

Rondo

Reaction score
Have been having a recurring problem with my M5 turning in the middle of the back bumper thinking it had cleared the width of the car and then trying to wash the passenger side and it hits the bumper dead center.

The techs have been here a couple of times, checked flags, checked and replaced prox switches and cables, and we still have the problem.

It's intermittent (one in 50 cars) but is a real pain in the a*s! It's always the same location on the vehicle and the error message is "Arch Impact, right side mirror."

Any suggestions?

Thanks
ScottV
Scott:

I had the same thing happen. This was in conjunction with other problems Ultrasonics and a bad VFD (Variable Frequency Drive) that was replaced. We were hitting cars on mirrors, front, back etc.

As strange as it sounds, try forcing your ultrasonics in that bay to either left or right ping mode but NOT BOTH (under machine setup/advanced mode) run it in left for awhile and then right to see if the problem goes away.

Also, call Ron Beinlich at PDQ and ask him about the problem.

Hope this helps.

Ron

r_del71

Reaction score
New Software

ScottV - There is a new version of software available for download on the PDQ website. 2.00.00 should take care of this issue. In addition, there are several new features that you may be interested in. Check out the product bulletin for more details.

ScottV

Upstate NY
Reaction score
r del71,

Thanks for the heads up on the new version 2.00 software. I still had version 1.54 and my distributor downloaded and installed the new update. What a difference! It not only eliminated the rear pass early turns, but also added a hole lot of functionality to the machine.
I especially like the "arch impact retry step" and it has saved me kicking 3 cars out of the bay this past weekend.

Scott V