What's new

PDQ at both locations or switch?

wash12

Reaction score
Need some opinions, would it be dumb to have 2 different brands I currently have a PDQ 360 at one sight and a old dinosaur Futura that breaks on the daily. I am looking at replacing the Futura and due to some problems with PDQ distributor I am looking at doing maybe a washworld as the distributor I know that does those is great.

I just feel having 1 washworld and 1 PDQ 360 mean 2 different machines to learn, parts and so on. Anyone else have 2 different brands if so would you rather have the same for ease of learning machine and fixing/training employees ect?

Roz

Reaction score
Washworld Razor is a terrific workhorse and fairly easy to learn especially if you attend their training course in WI.

Greg Pack

Wash Weenie
Reaction score
Your situation sounds kind of like a person who's having marital problems with their spouse but yet is thinking about having another child.

If you're not happy with your PDQ rep and have no other option now is as good a time as any to jump ship. It's just going to be harder to do when you have two machines.

StarCityWash

Reaction score
Your situation sounds kind of like a person who's having marital problems with their spouse but yet is thinking about having another child.

If you're not happy with your PDQ rep and have no other option now is as good a time as any to jump ship. It's just going to be harder to do when you have two machines.
I am looking at getting a Laser 360 Plus. Do you mind telling me what region you are in that you are having issues?

washnshine

Reaction score
Also - your 360 will need to be replaced someday. You will most likely really like and know your washworld very well by then and there will be no learning curve when you replace your current 360 with a second washworld.

It’s never a bad idea to buy a better machine, or a machine from a better company/distributor if that is the case.

cap732000

Reaction score
I agree if distributor is terrible fly baby fly!! I have had same problem and they control your success!!!!

DavidM

Reaction score
We were in the same situation. We have a PDQ Laserwash 360 and an Icon but just put in a Razor Edge at another location. 4 months in and no regrets so far. I think the Razor is a better machine and if it comes with a better distributor, it is an easy decision.

Doug P.

Reaction score
As the owner of a 2013, 14, and 18 360 I would definitely go with the razor if I had a problem with my PDQ distributor.

Doug P

wash12

Reaction score
As the owner of a 2013, 14, and 18 360 I would definitely go with the razor if I had a problem with my PDQ distributor.

Doug P
How have your PDQs held up? I just like having to train employees on 1 machine and 1 spare parts inventory, ect. but I have learned how important it is to have a good distributor.

Doug P.

Reaction score
They have held up pretty good but: Having owned 6 different brands of automatics over 28 years pdq is the only brand that I have had to call a distributor to repair, it’s happened maybe 4 times total but that’s 4 too many.

I am with you on standardizing when possible but if I didn’t have a good distributor I would definitely go with washworld. I have heard so many good things about Washworlds design and factory technical support.

Doug P