What's new

PDQ access wash card magnetic strips failing

Sparkleclean

Reaction score
We have a car wash across from a volvo dealership who uses our services several times weekly. They have a wals loyalty card (wash card) and can go months with no problems. However fairly recently, their cards have started failing, and seem to be failing randomly. Sometimes they last 6+ months, others several weeks.

the new volvos have a feature in the center c
that is wireless charging for phones. You sit your phone on the pad and it charges automatically using magnets.

I’m thinking this charging system is causing a problem, but I sat in one of them with my phone getting charged and put my wash card in between the 2 for over 15 minutes with no issues. Has anyone else experienced wals cards magnet swipers failing and if so what caused it? Or anyone with wireless charging have this happen to them?

CheetahExpress

Reaction score
We've been using the PDQ WALS cards since we started in 2016 and I have not yet had any complaints from users advising that the cards don't work. Could have been a bad batch of cards.

Sparkleclean

Reaction score
Thanks for answering. No it’s not the cards. It is something specific to this car dealership that is causing it.