What's new

PDQ Access not talking with L4000

ScottV

Upstate NY
Reaction score
I've had recurring problems with a 3yr old Access S series unit not communicating with the L4000 machine. It will sell a wash, tell the customer to enter the bay but the door doesn't open, entrance light doesn't come on, air valve doesn't actuate for the UBF, etc. Its like the wash was never issued to the bay.

I've been there when this occured, turned the key on the box to put the wash in maintenance mode and the entrance door opens. I've then turned the key back and the door closes and the wash is back in service. All the while the Access unit is chirping away telling the (now pi*sed off) customer to enter the bay. It has no idea the bay went out of and back into service.

The only way the Acces unit will error out is after the 300 seconds default setting for entrance timeout. It will then send a text message saying (TE:Wash Abort: Vehicle Did Not Enter Wash). However there is no error message printed out on the JO and nothing in the Lasernet error log regarding the aborted wash.

Clearly the Access is not communicating with the L4000 JO cabinet. I've had the PDQ techs here three times now (yesterday for 5hrs) and they've changed output relay cards, input relay cards, wheel well eyes,etc.) I will admit that while here we could not recreate the problem so they could watch the lights in the JO cabinet.

First thing this morning, the damn thing aborted another wash. And now I'm down for the weekend unless I sit here and babysit it all day. Has anyone else suffered this problem and have any suggestions on what it could be??

Thanks
ScottV

Buzzie8

Reaction score
If this is like my Access B unit it will have a relay module. This module will have one wire coming out of it for each wash package you are offering. When mine went bad (two times), I had the exact same problem. The nice thing is, that if you can locate it, they usually have one that is not in use next to it that you can swap out. On the Access B unit, it is located on the back wall of the unit. If I remember I will try to shoot a photo of it for you later today or tomorrow. The swap is easy. Put the wires in the one next to it in the same order after you push it into the board where the existing module is.

Keep in mind, mine is not communicating with a PDQ unit but the concept should be the same for firing your various wash packages.

Buzzie8

Reaction score
Photo of access relay modules. I am not sure if this photo upload is working or not. The modules are depicted by the red arrows