What's new

PC&D; Go Kate Carr!

Waxman

Super Moderator
Reaction score
I was inspired by Kate Carr's article in this month's pc&d where she asked operators to contact the media and push for stories related to the environmental damage caused by charity and driveway washing.

I have no idea if it will do any good, but it felt good to take a pro-active step and let folks know about this fact. It took 15 minutes to type up a document and email it with a couple pictures to some local papers and tv.

The 'go green' push is in full swing nationwide and if we as operators do our part collectively to notify local media in our communities about how we are environmentally-responsible businesses, it will only help us. Couple this info with an effort to team up with charities in creating a charity wash program at the carwash and we'll do even better.:D

Washing at a carwash is the right thing to do and we should tell that to as many people as we can reach!

MikeV

Reaction score
There is a Hooter's across the street from my car wash and they have a charity car wash once a month. I've offered to let them use one of my bays just to keep them from polluting the area, but they refused. Manager said something about the liability of going across the street. I told him to have the owners of the vehicles drive their own cars over and post their signs on my property, but he still refused. Should I report them to the green gestapo? Don't all the Hooter's have weekly car washes? For charity?

Whale of a Wash

5 Washes 36Bays 2Vectors
Reaction score
I am not sure if you should report them, But I would get a good camera, and go over to hooters and document the girls every move. You should stay there from beginning to end , to see every small or large violation. Really this will take a while to change peoples mindsets, remember when smoking was fine almost anywhere , and now is almost banned from outside.

pfreeman

Reaction score
Kate Carr quoted our VP of Sales and Marketing in an article regarding the greening of the car wash industry. We were very impressed at how forward thinking PC&D is. I think it would be great to team up the charity events with the car washes - everyone wins.

BillClinton

Reaction score
I am not sure if you should report them, But I would get a good camera, and go over to hooters and document the girls every move. You should stay there from beginning to end , to see every small or large violation. Really this will take a while to change peoples mindsets, remember when smoking was fine almost anywhere , and now is almost banned from outside.
After you take your camera to Hooters and document the girl's "violations", I would appreciate it if you would post those videos on here. I prefer the large violations to the small ones, but will view both for the sake of our industry.

bigleo48

Reaction score
It took 15 minutes to type up a document and email it with a couple pictures to some local papers and tv.!
Care to post your letter? I've read many different articles on the subject and would be interested in yours. Perhaps we could all collaborate on a good letter and send it off to our local media.

Big

Waxman

Super Moderator
Reaction score
Um, I plagiarized (sp?) Kate Carr.:(

John; I knew you'd mention a Hooters wash.