What's new

PayStation at new Tunnel

dukeofsuds

Reaction score
I am about to select a new gate driven, automated POS/PayStation at a EE tunnel I'm building. I've read through the threads and there's not too much out there. A lot on DRB having great support but being expensive yet may be worth it is the summary of what I found.

For anyone who has put in an automated pay gate, is there any gotchas or regrets that anyone wish they had done differently?
Either a brand, a feature they love or wish they had, or a module they paid for and installed thinking it was the cat's meow but had no value in real world usage?

We will have 2 gates, one for RFID/monthly passes, and one with a paystation. Probably 200-300 cars a day.

I'm trying to put together a weighted scorecard for a few of the vendors like DRB, ICS, Washify, eGenuity, etc. It seems like all of them seem to have the same checkboxes, and all make the same promises of good support, etc. And so looking for nuances from the real world usage vs. what salespeople tell me in theory.

Thanks!

MC3033

Reaction score
I cannot say I've seen washify in action (except at the ICA) but I've heard they are a bit buggy. I do like the general idea/look of their system. Personally I would have trouble trusting a smaller, newer company with this since it isn't something I could troubleshoot myself to an expert extent

I've never used ICS but always find them to be sluggish when I go through a wash that uses them. They also appear dated in design.

DRB is expensive and charges a hefty annual fee (not sure how it compares to others). The XPT pay stations are a bit dated in look compared to Washify or Sonny's but they are bullet proof. Everything inside is high end and well built. That also means expensive to repair if something does happen. They run quick and smooth. You should easily be able to run 70 cph through a single lane. DRB support is excellent.

Mike_T

Reaction score
I would take a good look at the Washify system. I think you will be impressed by what they are doing.