What's new

Pay Station Recommendations

Fast Wash

Reaction score
I have 3 In-Bay automatic wash locations and was vandalized at two locations. It happened in the early morning hours on two different nights. The vandals performed the same crime at each and I believe it was the same people that did both. They totally removed bricked-in Hamilton Goldline Autocashiers. Of course, they did additional damage to the masonry stands and the electrical wiring. This is our busy time of year in Wisconsin, because of the weather and use of road salt. The automatic bays obviously are out of service.

Hamilton is stating they are out 16 weeks for their Hamilton Goldline or Commander units. I have the opportunity now to go with any manufacturer's units and would like anyone's feedback on what unit you would recommend and why? Does it make sense to go "cashless" this time around? Any suggestions for the stand type for the security of a kiosk or to rebuild the masonry stand and mount a new unit inside? I have been in this industry for over 28 years and have all Hamilton equipment at all the locations, but would like other operators' opinions on alternate manufacturers' equipment.

Randy

Reaction score
I feel your pain! I'd probably stay with Hamilton and figure out how to run the automatics without a paystation. There are a number of car washes in my area that are or have gone totally cashless because of the crime. That might be something to consider.

slash007

Reaction score
I have Unitec Porta Ti's that I purchased as replacements after my original pay stations were stolen. I have had them for 6 years now and love them. I only had to wait about 3 weeks at the time to get them, and was down for 1 month total. In the meantime, I figured out how to jump a wire and turn on any wash package. I was cash only, but could have gotten a square reader or similar if it was going to be longer. I also only opened on days that I knew would be busy. Still lost lots of revenue overall.

Fast Wash

Reaction score
I don't have it now and I am thinking that now would be the time to introduce it. I need to talk to a representative that can explain how it works and what equipment is needed.

JAGraff

Reaction score
I don't have it now and I am thinking that now would be the time to introduce it. I need to talk to a representative that can explain how it works and what equipment is needed.
I work for DRB, and we have some options that could help you get started with unlimited plans. Please message me your name, wash name and contact info, and I'll get someone in touch with you,

Fast Wash

Reaction score
I work for DRB, and we have some options that could help you get started with unlimited plans. Please message me your name, wash name and contact info, and I'll get someone in touch with you,
A local equipment distributor/installer is working with me now and the DRB is what he is suggesting.

Fast Wash

Reaction score
Take a look at Dencar. I have 4 and am happy with them. Beautiful units, competitively priced, and the only one truly able to run a membership program through a unattended IBA and eliminate abuse/fraud
I don't know about Dencar, I will check this out, thanks.

SuperShine

Reaction score
Are you attended during operating hours to deal with/manage an unlimited club?

Regarding the DRB rep who said they have product and solutions, how does DRB wash clubs work in an semi unattended IBA wash?
LPR or RFID will still require staff interaction to handle tag and plate mis reads, initial install the tag, or when you have LPR issues and a line of cars behind them.
Does DRB have a customer facing App so wash club members can self administer their own accounts or do they go through staff?

JAGraff

Reaction score
Are you attended during operating hours to deal with/manage an unlimited club?

Regarding the DRB rep who said they have product and solutions, how does DRB wash clubs work in an semi unattended IBA wash?
LPR or RFID will still require staff interaction to handle tag and plate mis reads, initial install the tag, or when you have LPR issues and a line of cars behind them.
Does DRB have a customer facing App so wash club members can self administer their own accounts or do they go through staff?
There are some different options, and I'm not well verse on them all, but I can get you in touch with someone who is if you're interested. If so, please message me your wash name, your name and your contact info. Thanks!

Etowah