What's new

Paraplate Guns have defects

copperglobe

Reaction score
The U.S. Paraplate spray guns have a defect that Paraplate won't honor. The very small spring located in the guts that turns the gun off or to weep breaks after a very short time in use. They only honor the warranty to 90 days. The stupid thing is that in calling U.S. Paraplate they know of the problem and they still won't honor the defect and they are still selling their guns with the same defective spring. They offered to send me new springs at their costs. Stupid thing is that the replacement springs are of the same type as the defective ones. Lousy service. Kleen-rite and Windtrax as well know there is a problem with the guns and they are recommending that we purchase from other manufacturers. My last Paraplate broke down after only a few days in service.

Eric H

Reaction score
The last paraplate guns I ordered from kleen-rite had a manufacture date of '03. :eek:
i am looking to change guns. Can anyone suggest a good weep gun?

Fatboy769

Living the American Dream
Reaction score
Eric, I've been using Hypro weep guns for years. They work very well and feel good in your hand. KR sells them for around $25.

MEP001

Reaction score
I like both the JE Adams 5030 and the Giant 21295. The Adams is tough, stands up to abuse well and lasts quite a long time. They can be rebuilt cheaply, but I prefer to change them out since they tend to get pretty banged up and ugly by the time they start to leak. The Giant has a very comfortable grip and also lasts a long time, but the plastic is hard and brittle and will get broken if your customers abuse them.

I.B. Washincars

Car Washer Emeritus
Reaction score
I use to use the Cat guns, but stopped because they were a little higher and when the discharge fitting got broken it wasn't easily removed. I replaced them with Giant which had the best feel. They ended up being a total POS from the git-go. Out of 15, 5 of them were defective when I installed them (HP all the time). Kleen-Rite took them back, but didn't send replacements. I had to wait nearly two months to get the repaired new ones back. In the meantime I had to buy some more to get by:mad:. As MEP said, the plastic is too brittle and the broke easily. Overall, the ones that did last long enough to wear out didn't last very long (less than a year). I'm so glad they are gone. I wouldn't have another Giant gun stuck up my a$$:eek:, even if it felt good!

I now use the Suttner (ST-1500 I think). It's cheap, comfortable, and lasts well enough to suit me.

pcb

Leprechaun Car Wash
Reaction score
We've been using the J.E. Adams guns for as long as I can remember. They feel good to me and seem to be just the right size. I've tried some others and seemed like the trigger was to hard to pull. Guess i'm just use to something else. Like Mep said, by the time they need rebuilding they usually need new plastic and it's time to replace. Also, if someone breaks one of the inlets off it's easy to change.

Mel(NC)

Reaction score
Ditto on the J E Adams 5030. It is a great gun. I have had the outet broke off on a few guns but I have not had a gun go bad in the three years I have owned my car wash.

Randy

Reaction score
In the last 26 years we?ve used just about every gun on the market. Now we are using the Suttner 1500, they seem to work well. I think we pay about $16a piece for them. I remember in the past we had problems with the Paraplate guns.

jimbeaux

Reaction score
I've been using the hypro 32 gun for years. Reliable, light, and comfortable for the customer to use.

Ric

Cantree Member
Reaction score
I prefer a gun with an inlet in front of the trigger. To me it seems to have better balance and it holds up better to being slammed into the gun holder. That is why I continue to use the Paraplate gun. I have seen the quality of the Paraplate gun go down over the past few years and would welcome suggestions for a replacement gun with a "front" inlet.

mac

Reaction score
I noticed the same defect in the Paraplate guns about a year ago. Brand new right out of the box they would not shut off, only worked full open. It was like the old days before trigger guns. Same experience with Paraplate. Thought they would like to know about it. They didn't give a crap. I seem to remember that they switched manufacturing to Mexico about the same time. I sold about 50 of them in a one year period and finally stopped using them all together. They are another company like Ingersoll Rand that has substituted junk for quality.

Bubbles Galore

Reaction score
I currently use the paraplate gun. I like it for the same reason that Ric likes it, the front inlet port takes alot of abuse. I will need some new guns here in the next few weeks and I think I will go with the ones that MEP mentioned, seeing as how they also have the front inlet port.

Ric

Cantree Member
Reaction score

jcedwards

lurker
Reaction score
Stick with the Hypro gun. I think it is made by MV (MV920). These used to be quality products, but MV was combined with Arrowline (crap stuff, IMO) and who knows what you are going to get anymore.

There are no good guns anymore because all the good stuff was too expensive when the Italian manufacturers came into the market. All production went to either Italy or China, and you can figure out the rest. There has never been an import quota on Fiats.

Get the Hypro gun made by MV and I think you will be happy most of the time.

Bubbles Galore

Reaction score
Forgot about the paraplate issues and ordered a few new guns to have on hand this winter...what a pile of junk...I cannot believe that these guns are being sold like this. When they work right, these guns are the best, but it just doesn't seem like they are going to be able to get that type of quality anymore from them. It's really too bad...

EZ car wash

Reaction score
Has anyone seen the Mosmatic guns? I was at an openhouse a couple of weeks ago and they had a display booth. They were very nice. They also had a really nice lance and tip protector. They will be my next gun purchase.

jprb

Reaction score
I ordered several extra paraplate guns (w/weep) a couple of years ago. When I got one out to replace, it did NOT weep. It was marked as a weep gun, but it wasn't. KR took them all back, and sent me all new ones that were correct.

I am still using this type gun, but I have received several new ones that will not shut off, as others have mentioned.

Sounds like it's time to start trying other guns.

Thanks to others for the suggestions.

JPRB

Bubbles Galore

Reaction score
I have a lot of spare guns that the previous owner left around...since I have so many in stock, I was thinking about just replacing that spring...It's obviously more work than I should have to go through, but I really like these guns!

GoBuckeyes

Self-Serve and Automatics
Reaction score
We have used Paraplate guns for years but have also experienced the same problems you mentioned. I did not know about the spring issue, but now realize why I had a half dozen guns only last about a week. This is just a another reason not to buy ANYTHING from US Paraplate. That company has the worst attitude when it comes to customer satisfaction. We used to use their Vacuum timers as well until we discovered their new model has an internal wiring problem and their directions make no mention of it. When I called them to ask if they were aware of it, they said yes. I asked why they don't amend their directions or at least add a sticker to the box noting the change, he said too expensive. I then proceeded to thank him endlessly for wasting my time trying to trouble shoot their mistake and told him to F*** Off. That made me feel better.