What's new

Paint for "Fire Lane" marking

MEP001

Reaction score
What's a good paint for marking parking lines and "Fire Lane" curbs? I know prep is the most important part, but I want something that won't fade in a few months which red is usually bad about. I need to do some parking lines too, which will be in yellow.

Roz

Reaction score
Lane marking paint (says on the paint can). Available from most paint stores and Home Depot.

MEP001

Reaction score
I don't mind getting down and rolling something on if it will hold up better, but I didn't think about the rattle can option.

Roz

Reaction score
Lane marking paint comes in spray cans if you use the lane machine to make lines. It also is available in gallon cans. We use it with a brush and a roller to coat the concrete vacuum stands. Lasts nicely and pops more than regular paint for the driving challenged customers.

Waxman

Super Moderator
Reaction score

Randy

Reaction score
One of our employee’s does parking lot striping on the side. He told me that the rattle can striping paint is pretty much garbage. Good quality lane marking or parking lot line is expensive if you want it to last one than a year, you might be in sticker shock when you see how expensive commercial traffic lane paint is. He likes to use this product https://www.ppgpaints.com/products/exterior-paint/zoneline-traffic-and-zone-marking-paint

6t7gto

Reaction score
I just had my lot striped by a pro. Had not been done in years and the old lines were wore away. He had to lay it all out and then paint.
Took him maybe 2 hours for 24 spaces in 3 different areas.
Charged me $250.00.

mjwalsh

6 bay SS w/laundromat
Reaction score
One of our employee’s does parking lot striping on the side. He told me that the rattle can striping paint is pretty much garbage. Good quality lane marking or parking lot line is expensive if you want it to last one than a year, you might be in sticker shock when you see how expensive commercial traffic lane paint is. He likes to use this product https://www.ppgpaints.com/products/exterior-paint/zoneline-traffic-and-zone-marking-paint
Randy & others .... I see that our next door neighbor (House of Color) which includes a large paint store carries that specific paint. They are very high end oriented. We tend to get all our paint from them. Right after both of our buildings were painted with paint they sold 2 years ago ... we were both vandalized by graffiti perps. Luckily they helped us with a special removal technique ... apparently we took care of it possibly soon enough so a re-paint was not necessary. I am not sure all contractors use the best paint possible for the purpose which might yield a smaller charge &/or bid.

MEP001

Reaction score
Right, because your graffiti removal anecdote is relevant to marking and striping a lot. <--sarcasm